See more Sliding Wardrobe Door Interior Storage
Spacepro Aura Oak effect Large drawer kit
for use with your Spacepro Aura wardrobe interiors
- Fixings sold separately
Features and Benefits
- Made using responsibly sourced, Forest Friendly timber
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Timber approval||FSC® approved|
Poor quality for the price
Sammi73 - 2 years ago
Lots of issues! Poor instructions, fixtures don't fit flush, flimsy drawers compared to sturdy carcass, arrived damaged, different sizes of screws not clear which go where, screws for handles too short. Overall very disappointed and I wish I hadn't bothered however already had all the other fixtures and needed the drawers.
Very poor design/build quality - avoid!
TallAde - 2 years ago
This furniture is a very poor second best to the design and build quality of familiar flat pack self-assembly furniture (B&Q review guidelines do not permit me to mention competitor names, but I’m sure you can think about who sells a lot of this stuff nowadays). Here are the issues I found in assembling two sets of this item (to put this review into context, I’m a very experienced DIYer in my mid-50s):
1. The item is supplied with two different-sized sets of cam dowels (the screw-in metal posts which together with a circular cam lock nut secure a butt joint), yet the instructions show just one size - careless! The larger ones are for the carcass, the smaller ones for the drawers.
2. The pre-drilled holes in the carcass panels for the larger cam dowels are TOO SMALL to screw the dowels into – you’ll just chew up the chipboard if you try. They need to be drilled bigger first.
3. There are two pre-drilled holes in the carcass sides to secure the drawer runners, yet the back hole is drilled several millimetres too close to the front one. You can just about get the back screw in with some extra effort and care.
4. The recess holes drilled in the drawer sides to hold the circular cam lock nuts are not deep enough. Such holes typically allow the lock nut to sit recessed a little inside the hole. In this case they bulge out slightly, and when this happens they tend to bulge out even more as the fitting is turned to tighten. The result is a shabby look to the drawer sides, like you’ve assembled it carelessly.
5. While the panels used for the carcass are very thick, presumably to create a quality feel, the drawers are too flimsy. The side panels are thin, giving a sense of cheapness. Much worse, the base of this very wide drawer is a thin piece of hardboard. Make no mistake, in no time at all this WILL sag under the weight once you put clothes inside. Every other manufacturer whose products I’ve used recognised the inadequacy of using hardboard for drawer bases many years ago.
6. The top and bottom edges of the drawer fronts are designed to fit INSIDE the protruding top and bottom edges of the carcass. For mine, the bottom edge of the bottom drawer snags against the lower carcass edge, so the drawer runner would need to be lifted a couple of millimetres – other manufacturers have been able to drill holes in exactly the RIGHT position for years now. Much worse, I found that the top of the top drawer front overlaps the top edge of the carcass (under which it’s supposed to sit) by around 1cm. Clearly, this is not even close. The supplier has told me this is a batch problem, which is a little odd as it’s so far out.
I will leave you to draw your own conclusions when deciding whether to purchase this product. Mine went back to B&Q and I bought a nice freestanding four-drawer chest which I can easily accommodate in my fitted wardrobe design, from that well-known company that sells flat pack furniture. I’m not allowed to quote prices but at the time of purchase, it was significantly cheaper than the SpacePro Aura product (including the required drawer brackets), yet: (1) it has a real oak veneer whereas Aura is melamine-covered chipboard; (2) the drawers are a much deeper, more usable size, and they are better quality, especially the base which is a really solid piece of manufactured wood and (3) the drawer runners are even self-close.
Drawers are poor
Ormadale - 3 years ago
The main carcus is very sturdy but the drawers are flimsy. All fours sides and the thin base are only glued together (by you) with no substantial fixtures. Time will tell whether this lasts. Also, missing one screw for the handle. Dissappointing considering the cost but once you've bought the frames, you're kind of tied in.
Shandy79 - 3 years ago
Unfortunately had no chance to test, all corners were damaged, it has been returned.
C Hannis - 4 years ago
Very strong and sturdy well worth the money. However we were 1screw short.
Customers who bought this also browsed
Form Pole & Satelit Matt Wardrobe Dressing Kit
Compatibility- Storing goods Guarantee - 1 year Fixings supplied Can be cut to size to match your measurements Can be combined with Pole Kit for more storage capacity
Relax Cream Linen Effect Shelf Kit (L)550mm (D)330mm
Made from responsibly sourced, Forest Friendly timber
Relax Metallic effect Sliding wire basket kit (W)900mm
Purpose - For storing clothes and accessories Guarantee - 1 year
Spacepro Aura Internal storage solution (L)3200mm (H)2700mm
Storing goods Modular storage solution Comes with - 2x telescopic stanchions, 2x telescopic hanger bars, 1x 550mm white drawer and brackets, 2x 550mm white shelves and brackets Fixings supplied