See more Wall & Ceiling Paint
Valspar White Matt Emulsion paint, 5L
Our stores do not stock this product
This emulsion paint is suitable for and covers 10m² per litre on average.
- The surface must be clean, dry & free of dust & grease. Glossy surfaces should be degloss before painting. Repair all damaged areas. Remove old, loose or flaky paint. Cover the surrounding area whilst decorating to provide protection against paint spills. Do not use solvent, thinners or white spirit. Do not empty into drains. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with national regulations. Do not apply in damp or humid conditions. Apply when the temperature of the surface being painted is above 10°c. Stir contents thoroughly to ensure paint is thoroughly mixed.
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Apply 1-2 coats using a suitable brush, roller or sprayer.
Features and benefits
The perfect white is a mould resistant emulsion containing preservatives that control the film's deterioration by mould & mildew. Excellent scrub ability & great stain resistance helps the product to withstand the toughest household stains, thus ensuring long-term performance. So your kitchen & bathroom will stay white for years to come
- This matt, no-shine finish helps to scatter the glow of light, creating a contemporary soft look for the home
- Long-lasting paint that withstands the toughest scuffs & knocks in a busy family home
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush, roller or spray|
|Drying time||1 h|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||2-4 hours|
|Resistant to scuffing||Scuff resistant|
|Resistant to stains||Stain resistant|
poor paint - don't buy - cracks and peels
gbabz - 8 days ago
Second review of this paint. it's really a poor paint and frustrating. I gave the paint a second chance and attempted to paint the bathroom. It's very thick (doesn't drip which is good), but this thickness means it tends to want to go on very thickly. My previous painting attempt (of the hallway) led to 'crazy paving' cracking and also the peeling off of the previous paint. Thus I though applying the paint in a very thin layer might be the key. It certainly performed better when applied thinly but was a lot of work to bully this thick paint into being applied very thinly. Even now I still have some cracking and also some peeling off of the previos white paint. Its not cheap either. I really can't see what they were trying to achieve with this paint but unfortunately, for me as a non professional, I'd suggest staying well away from this expensive and frustrating paint!!
Mixed reviews on this paint
Zoey6 - 13 days ago
Ok the colour is great, Very fresh and perfect white as it says. it is quite thick and took us much longer than usual to paint. It also took 4 coats to cover up very light grey. Not scrubbable for all marks either.
Avoid unless you want to use as a paint stripper.
Debbiea - 15 days ago
Used this paint on a ceiling, covered well, worked my way across the ceiling, only small hallway. Very impressed at myself, then I turned round to find it was peeling and cracking in places and taking down the existing paint as well. Not sure what to do now, apart from cry. The product was easy to use, especially if you want a paint stripper. The attached photo shows a very small section and I have already rubbed off the loose bits. Unfortunately I have had to give star ratings as very poor but only because there was not one saying atrocious, rip off and total waste of money and time.
Kmcg69 - 22 days ago
Used this paint last week to cover a colour, really easy to use but I'm left with a smell from the paint i can't get rid of. Used bowls of bicarbonate of soda and candles, smell remains.
Love this stuff!
Anonymous - 25 days ago
Whitest paint I’ve ever used! I’m not sure why all the negative comments! I love this paint! Easy to use .. comes off my brushes easily .. covers well! Can’t complain I love it!