We remain open and here to help. Customer and colleague safety remains our priority. Whether shopping in-store or online, we urge you to follow the Government’s social distancing guidelines and to shop responsibly only for what is necessary.
See more Bark
Verve Bark chippings Small 100L
This small landscape bark is suitable for use all around the garden to brighten up untidy beds and borders.
- Dig out any weeds and make sure that the soil is moist and lay weed barrier fabric. Spread bark by hand and rake to ensure even coverage depth of at least 50 mm high (2")
- Ideal for top dressing beds and boarders. Looks great and enriches the soil at the same time.
Features and benefits
- Verve's chipped bark locks in vital moisture and keeps weeds at bay, creating the perfect backdrop for happy healthy plants.
- For a long lasting effect, leave the soil undisturbed once the chipped bark has been laid. Periodically rake and top up each year with fresh chipped bark. For effective weed suppression (without a weed barrier) make at least 50 mm (2") deep. If laying chipped bark around plants be sure to not pile them up against the base of the plant. When using chipped bark as a decorative ground cover around plants, apply a feed with a general fertiliser each spring to help replace the nitrogen in the soil. For more tips on caring for your plants, check out our handy step-by-step guides and get the most out of your growing media.
- Reseal the bag after use. Keep in a cool and dry place. Protect from heat and direct sunlight. Store away from garden chemicals to prevent contamination
- 100% natural-decorative chip bark, a rustic cover for paths, flower beds and borders
- Can be used all year round
- 50 ltr per 1 m2 at 50 mm depth
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Sanjay21 - 1 month ago
I bought this today and on opening it and spreading this I found several large twigs and one pieces of wood that looked like furniture, it was a foot long and curved, even worse I’ve found at least half a dozen pieces with red paint on them, I thought this was supposed to be bark chipping. Also it was wet right through and compressed so hard I had to use a spade to break it up.won’t be buying any more
More wood splinters than bark
wobblyrob - 2 months ago
This product is listed a Bark Chippings so I expected Bark, it is only about 30% Bark the rest is wood splinters from the de-barking process. To me it does not even rank as 1-star it is the dregs of the product from the de-barking procees of which I have some relevant experience.
Good value bark
Angusdella - 4 months ago
Bought this today to tidy up garden before winter, easy to spread from bag, lovely natural smell, and covers the ground well, just what it says on bag
Ignore the bad reviews!
dazz2519 - 5 months ago
I have been using this from B&Q for years. Bad smell? It's wood a natural product stored in packaging, just put it out and after a week or so of rain and sunlight etc the odour is gone. Pieces too big? It's the perfect size unless your doing a miniature garden. Solid block (had to chip away at it)? That's good not bad it means you get more for your money as these bails are very heavy and compressed to give you as much bark as possible in one bag.
The smell is unbearable
Lexi2020 - 5 months ago
I previously bought smaller bags and whilst I don’t think that the bark chipping are small (just like in this bag), the product worked for me.
What prompted me to write a review this time is the smell! The content of the bag was very wet and when I first opened the packaging I thought it was really really stinky. I thought it would go away though so spread it over the garden. Well, it didn’t. It stinks so bad that I’m considering taking it up and taking to the tip. Very very disappointed.