See more Growhouses & cold frames
Verve Large Raised bed kit 0.96m²
This pine Verve large stackable raised bed is ideal for displaying your flowering plants.
- Stackable and Modular raised bed suitable for growing fruit and vegetables
- Comes with 4x Wood sides with Galvalnised steel Hinges, 4 x fixing pins
Features and benefits
- Part of the Kitchen Garden modular range, this large stackable raised bed kit can be combined with other products in the Kitchen Garden range to help you grow your own fruits and vegetables at home.
- Use multiple large raised beds or mix and match with the small raised bed to create a personal growing area.
- High quality untreated wood insures no harmful chemicals leak into the soil, allowing you to grow your own organic fruits and vegetables.
- 150L of soil or (3 x 50L bags of growing soil) fill the raised bed
- Easy to install with only 4 pins and no tools required, making it the perfect solution for the experienced grower and novice alike.
- We recommend the use of a liner to help prolong the use of your raised bed (Available in the Kitchen Garden range)
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Assembly required||Assembly required|
|Fittings & fixings included||Fittings & fixings included|
RichardJsy - 2 months ago
I have just purchased 6 of these and am going to get 2 more tomorrow. They were easy to put together, no tools just insert the supplied retaining pin into the lugs at each corner. They will stack on top of each other, held in place by the corner lugs. Each measured 800 x 1200mm as advertised, bear in mind that this is the overall measurement, internal is slightly less. The wood is natural pine and was planed, although one panel was slightly rough. You should treat them with a preservative to prolong their life and if you intend growing veg in them, then use an organic preservative, I used linseed oil. You can also slot them together to make a longer or wider run. For the money they are exceptional value, I doubt that I would have saved much making them from raw timber. Of the six one had two screws missing, but I’m not downgrading my review as this was easily fixed from the tool box.
Brucie3 - 3 months ago
I bought 3 of these in 2019 and had abundant crops of celery, beetroot and leeks in them. They were put on top of grass that I had turned over then filled in with old and fresh compost up to about 2 or 3cm from the top. Although I didnt use the liners I think it would be a good idea as it would extend the life of the bed and prevent soil erosion and the soil from washing away at the base over a longer period.
roger the gardener - 4 months ago
very easy to assemble some screws not fully in but overall good
Does not match description
PRD - 4 months ago
The website states this product measures 80cm x 60cm x 20cm, but it actually measures 75cm x 55cm x 18.5 cm. While this is not as inaccurate as the measurements given for the small raised bed (which was 25cm shorter than advertised) it is still far enough out to wreck our carefully planned raised bed system. B&Q, please ensure that your measurements are accurate in future - 5cm difference makes a lot of difference, particularly when you are arranging more than one raised bed.
Dianajedi1234 - 4 months ago
Couldn’t be more pleased with the bargain raised beds that were so easy to put together. A lovely size and they look good too