See more Multi-Purpose Compost
Verve Multi-purpose Compost 50L
This multipurpose compost is suitable use all around the garden. ideal for use in pots, containers, hanging baskets, window boxes, beds and borders.
- A great all-rounder, this compost is a blend of quality ingredients, and balanced fertiliser to encourage healthy growth.
- 100% peat, coir & green compost
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This hearty mix won’t suit acid-loving plants such as Rhododendrons, Heathers, Azaleas, Japanese Acers, and Camellias.
- Feeds plants for up to 6 weeks
- Designed to give plants & seeds a great start when first sowed
- Verve's award winning multi purpose compost has all the ingredients to let your flowers, seeds and cuttings feast, flourish and grow - for up to 6 weeks
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use. Keep packaging away from babies or children to avoid danger of suffocation. Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust. Ensure you can handle this product without difficulty if you are prone to allergies
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
Wrecked my entire crop
MarcLeSparc - 1 month ago
I've used this in the past and it's been fine. This year, it's been awful; not properly screened and full of a fungus which turned it white and produced toadstools. Seeds germinated then died back. I had used it to fill two planters. I turfed it out on to my raised beds and it promptly destroyed plants which were growing well. I suspect it's contaminated with glyphosate.
B&Q should be tracing it back to suppliers because it has ruined all the effort of an entire year. I will never buy this product again.
dontwanttoleaveanickname - 3 months ago
Was looking for 100L. Had to buy more expensive 2 x50L.
As good as any
SRF - 4 months ago
Reasonably fine texture no unexpected nasties such as plastics or large twigs and as good as the more expensive branded composts. Have bought this a number of times over the years and don't remember ever being disappointed.
Cost effective compost
Emmawilson - 4 months ago
Perfect for all garden jobs. Good enough for seeds too.
no complaints appears good value for money
petal 55 - 4 months ago
bought 8 bags last month and will buy 8 this month. buy a lot overall. only found very very small amount of plastic. my cuttings etc... love the stuff :- )