See more Multi-purpose compost
Verve Multi-purpose Compost 50L
This multipurpose compost is suitable use all around the garden. ideal for use in pots, containers, hanging baskets, window boxes, beds and borders.
- A great all-rounder, this compost is a blend of quality ingredients, and balanced fertiliser to encourage healthy growth.
- 100% peat, coir & green compost
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This hearty mix won’t suit acid-loving plants such as Rhododendrons, Heathers, Azaleas, Japanese Acers, and Camellias.
- Feeds plants for up to 6 weeks
- Designed to give plants & seeds a great start when first sowed
- Verve's award winning multi purpose compost has all the ingredients to let your flowers, seeds and cuttings feast, flourish and grow - for up to 6 weeks
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use. Keep packaging away from babies or children to avoid danger of suffocation. Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust. Ensure you can handle this product without difficulty if you are prone to allergies
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
will not buy this again
vivva - 5 days ago
I bought this compost last year, I had sunflowers growing in my hanging baskets, could only have come from this compost as I dont grow them at all , it was full of bits of wood and twigs.was very claggy!
nmi - 14 days ago
I wouldn’t buy this again. It’s a strange texture unlike any other compost used/bought before. Long white bits in it and reading other reviews bit worried to continue with it. Used with one pot so far.
infested and terrible
gill12246 - 1 month ago
I bought three of this compost a few months ago, i potted up some plants which have to be kept inside over the winter, a few weeks later i wondered where loads of little flies were coming from, they were infesting the window of my room, when i looked the compost was crawling with them, i had to spray the infestation and repot the plants in the hope of not losing them because they cost a lost of money, so far they have survived, i would ideally like to return the rest of the unopened compost in case that is infested as well, but i cannot lift it because i am disabled.
Wrecked my entire crop
MarcLeSparc - 4 months ago
I've used this in the past and it's been fine. This year, it's been awful; not properly screened and full of a fungus which turned it white and produced toadstools. Seeds germinated then died back. I had used it to fill two planters. I turfed it out on to my raised beds and it promptly destroyed plants which were growing well. I suspect it's contaminated with glyphosate.
B&Q should be tracing it back to suppliers because it has ruined all the effort of an entire year. I will never buy this product again.
dontwanttoleaveanickname - 7 months ago
Was looking for 100L. Had to buy more expensive 2 x50L.