See more Multi-Purpose Compost
Verve Compost 50L
This multipurpose compost is suitable use all around the garden. ideal for use in pots, containers, hanging baskets, window boxes, beds and borders.
- To get more from your bag, loosen up compacted compost before use. For more tips on caring for your plants, check out our handy step-by-step guides and get the most out of your compost
Features and Benefits
Use all around the garden. Ideal for use in pots, containers, hanging baskets, window boxes, beds and borders
- A great all-rounder, this compost is a blend of quality ingredients, and balanced fertiliser to encourage healthy growth
- This hearty mix won’t suit acid-loving plants such as Rhododendrons, Heathers, Azaleas, Japanese Acers, and Camellias.
- Feeds plants for up to 6 weeks
- Designed to give plants & seeds a great start when first sowed
- Verve's award winning multi purpose compost has all the ingredients to let your flowers, seeds and cuttings feast, flourish and grow - for up to 6 weeks
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use. Keep packaging away from babies or children to avoid danger of suffocation. Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust. Ensure you can handle this product without difficulty if you are prone to allergies
|Ingredients||Peat, green compost|
What's happened to the quality
johnns - 7 months ago
Been using Verve for years now, buying 125L bags. This year bought the 50L as easier to handle. What has happened to the quality ?? It just does not absorb water. Seedlings end up floating on the surface, peas popped back out. Eventually get the surface wet but half inch and the rest down is bone dry. It has completely ruined the start of the growing season. Never will we be buying this compost again, not worth the risk. Verve ...... got a nerve !!!
50 years a gardener - 8 months ago
Bought this on the basis of reviews by other users. The contents were of poor quality, not well composted and bone dry. No amount of watering improves water retention. This is a most unsatisfactory product, can say nothing positive about it.
Gardener17 - 10 months ago
I use it for potting on and also sewing seeds and am very pleased with the results
Good Basic compost ideal for bulbs corms etc:
auo7 - 10 months ago
Ideal for filling tubs or mixing into beds a bit heavy for seed's but would be o/k for larger seed like beans and pea
Great quality and even better price
MissJoey - 10 months ago
Definitely did the job and my flowers are coming up lovely
Customers who bought this also browsed
Verve Coloured woodchips 100L
This coloured woodchips is suitable all around the garden to brighten up untidy beds and borders. Verve's chipped bark locks in vital moisture and keeps weeds at bay, creating the perfect backdrop for happy healthy plants Can be used all year round Barks and mulches help to protect plant roots ...
Verve Compost maker 1L (W)1kg
This compost maker is suitable use on compost heaps to speed up the composting process.. How to use: sprinkle about 100 g of verve compost maker for every 20-30 cm layer of fresh garden and kitchen waste and water in if dry. Apply each time a new fresh layer of ...
Verve Garden lime 3L
This garden lime is suitable for breaking down heavy clay soils to improve drainage and promote strong root growth. Suggested use period - Can be used throughout the year but is best applied in the late autumn or winter on moist, frost free soil Chemical care - Calcium carbonate
Verve Horse manure soil improver 50L (W)19.45kg
This horse manure soil improver is suitable mixing in with to any type of soil to improve its structure and nutrient content. Improves moisture retention: regular applications to sticky clay, light or sandy soils will build the humus and organic content of the soil Use all year round