10% off everything online for one week only | Offer ends 9 December
See more Multi-purpose compost
Westland Compost 50L
This is suitable .
- This premium compost is ideal for use all around the garden
- 45% Peat
- First put on a pair of gloves and rework compost between your hands, so it retains its intended texture. Seedlings/pricking out: Pick out seedlings once they are large enough to handle. Hold seedlings by the leaves to avoid damage and tease out root using a dibber or pencil. Plant seedlings apart to allow for growth. Water regularly until the seeds are ready to be potted on. Potting: Water plant well and allow to drain before potting. Allow enough space to accommodate the roots, remove from pot and plant in container, firming the compost gently around the roots, once fully planted, water well. Taking cuttings: Fill seed tray evenly with compost, firm gently and water, make a sloping cut in the stem of the cutting and remove all bottom leaves, dip the end of the cutting in a hormone rooting powder to encourage rooting, make a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber, place cutting in the hole and firm compost gently around it, cover the tray with polythene or glass to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot, away from direct sunlight until the cuttings have taken. Hanging baskets: Line the basket and fill with compost. Plant with trailing plants around the outside and upright plants in the middle and water well.
Features and benefits
The added John Innes formula retains and releases nutrients and water for longer, providing your plants with all they need
- Ideal for containers and hanging baskets
- Perfect for all life stages of plants
- Now suitable for seed sowing
- Stronger plant development
- More flowers, more vibrancy, longer plant life
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
Not peat free
Peatfree pal - 3 months ago
Not peat free. However, peat free composts are available.
Stockportlass - 4 months ago
This compost has lots of body and feels substantial. Produces healthy plants. I definitely recommend this compost over cheaper ones.
sammie2202 - 4 months ago
Bought to plant some sunflowers in that the kids had grown, they are doing well, not into gardening so don't know about different soils etc.
honeybear27 - 4 months ago
Good product, good price, spreads well. Would buy again
bt222 - 4 months ago
Good staff would buy it again. Good staff would buy it again