10% off everything online for one week only | Offer ends 9 December
See more Multi-purpose compost
Westland John Innes No.3 Contains peat Pots & planters Compost 35L
- John Innes composts were developed over 50 years ago and are based on a traditional recipe of sterilised loam, peat and horticultural grit with added nutrients.
- 100% peat, loam, silver sand and grit
- Thoroughly water the plant, gently tap the pot to remove, shake off loose compost. Place plant in new pot with new compost, fill gaps with new compost, firm down and water. Dig a hole approximately. twice the depth and diameter of the root ball. Place plant in hole with new compost, fill gaps with new compost, firm down and water. One bag fills approximately 50x 10cm pots.
Features and benefits
Westland John Innes No. 3 Mature Plant Compost. a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is a richer compost for re-potting or planting out mature plants. It is suitable for heavy feeding vegetables and flowering plants in hanging baskets, large troughs, planters and containers.
- Nurtures & sustains growth
- Contains vital nutrients which feed for five weeks
- Rich in nutrients for hungry plants
|Litre capacity (L)||35L|
bossfan - 3 months ago
There is far too much sand in the mix which gets very like clay when wet. I’ve always used John Innes compost but very dissatisfied with it this time
Make sure it is certified John Innes
henry5 - 3 months ago
Anyone can call compost John Innes so check for certification stamp. If none is poor quality & do not use peat. Proper John Innes is great but not this.
Perfect for my bamboo tree
Carlee - 4 months ago
I bought it a month ago and so far my bamboo tree is looking good. Easy to use and lightweight bag
Too much sand
June0621 - 5 months ago
The compost contained an excessive amount of sand. Also lumps of clay, no grit and the loam content lower than expected in all three bags. Will not be purchasing this brand of John Innes again
Louise321 - 6 months ago
Please consider a B&Q peat-free alternative to this product.
Our UK peatlands are vital for carbon capture and act as our very own rainforest, as well as a haven for wildlife.