See more Multi-purpose compost
Westland Compost Compost 10L
- This premium compost is ideal for use all around the garden
- 45% Peat
- First put on a pair of gloves and rework compost between your hands, so it retains its intended texture. Seedlings/pricking out: Pick out seedlings once they are large enough to handle. Hold seedlings by the leaves to avoid damage and tease out root using a dibber or pencil. Plant seedlings apart to allow for growth. Water regularly until the seeds are ready to be potted on. Potting: Water plant well and allow to drain before potting. Allow enough space to accommodate the roots, remove from pot and plant in container, firming the compost gently around the roots, once fully planted, water well. Taking cuttings: Fill seed tray evenly with compost, firm gently and water, make a sloping cut in the stem of the cutting and remove all bottom leaves, dip the end of the cutting in a hormone rooting powder to encourage rooting, make a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber, place cutting in the hole and firm compost gently around it, cover the tray with polythene or glass to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot, away from direct sunlight until the cuttings have taken. Hanging baskets: Line the basket and fill with compost. Plant with trailing plants around the outside and upright plants in the middle and water well.
Features and benefits
The added John Innes formula retains and releases nutrients and water for longer, providing your plants with all they need
- Ideal for containers and hanging baskets
- Perfect for all life stages of plants
- Now suitable for seed sowing
- Stronger plant development
- More flowers, more vibrancy, longer plant life
|Litre capacity (L)||10L|
Louise321 - 1 month ago
Please consider a B&Q peat-free alternative to this product.
Our UK peatlands are vital for carbon capture and act as our very own rainforest, as well as a haven for wildlife.
Blackfingers - 2 months ago
10L bag enough to fill a 35cm pot.
Good compost, used it before, the plants love it, that’s the main thing!
It's actually 10L
antsinmyplants - 8 months ago
Was expecting the 20L bag that's pictured but it's actually 10L. This should be in the description, it's very misleading.
This product is great
debarun - 1 year ago
I bought this product to have a few pots at my apartment, it is great for the tiny flowers and plants.