See more Multi-purpose compost
Westland Multi-purpose Compost 50L
This is suitable .
- Perfect for use all around the garden.
- 45% peat
- To make beds and border dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost. Place plant in hole and back fill with compost. Firm compost around plant and water well. Water plant well and allow to drain before potting. Allow enough space to accommodate roots. Remove from pot and plant in container, firming the compost gently around the roots. Once fully planted water well. Choose container with adequate drainage holes. Place layer of grit in container and fill with compost. For hanging baskets, line basket with moss or liner and fill with compost. Plant with trailing plants around the edge and upright plants in the middle. Water well,. One bag fills approximately 70x 10cm pots, 4x 25.5cm pots
Features and benefits
Ideal for use all around the garden this premium compost contains nutrients to feed your plant for up to 5 weeks. The added John Innes formula retains and releases nutrients and water for longer, providing your plants with all they need. It contains our unique ingredient West+ producing our best ever formula.
- Perfect for all life stages of plants
- Now suitable for seed sowing
- Stronger plant development
|Litre capacity (L)||50L|
Kathy7777 - 3 days ago
This is full of wood. When I water it the water floats on top for a good while before going
High peat content
cmg452 - 4 days ago
Bought this in a big hurry in the rain and forgot to check packaging. A good enough compost, but I was very disappointed to find out it is 45% peat, and I even more disappointed in B&Q for stocking it. Will not buy again.
I have never had a problem with this compost
Olcat - 1 month ago
I always buy this compost and never had a problem with it. I've been using it for years and all my plants and seasonings I've been doing well with the added John innes feeds
Very good compost.
CasX - 1 month ago
I stocked up with this compost ready for the spring as I have found it to be very good for all round growing due to the John Innes content and the overall texture. It was good to get free delivery too!
Good for me and my raised beds
Goldeneagle4170 - 1 month ago
Bought this bout a month ago, put it in my raised bed with some of my compost to bulk it out and everything is growing amazingly so far. No problems with it at all.