See more Multi-Purpose Compost
Westland Multi-purpose Top soil 35L
This bag of top soil is suitable for creating new beds and borders or simply improving existing soil in your garden.
- Want to create new beds & borders or simply improve existing soil in your garden then Westland Top Soil is ideal for a high quality finish. It is also perfect for general lawn preparation & repairs such as levelling lawns, making it the ideal accompaniment for your general garden use.
- 50% mineral, 20% organic matter and 20-30% water
- While preparing lawn spread 3-4cm of top soil on the lawn area and level using the straight edge of a wooden baton and spirit level. Place a 7-10cm layer on beds and borders prior to planting or in thinner layers around existing plants. Pop on a pair of gloves when handling soils and compost.
Features and benefits
Westland Top Soil is a specially selected rich clay loam soil with a high humus content which retains nutrients and moisture, making it ideal for use all around the garden. This soil has been sieved to remove stones and debris and heat sterilized to kill off weed seeds. Westland Top Soil has a balanced clay, silt and sand composition with plenty of organic matter providing good structural stability under all weather conditions. It is lime and chalk free and perfect for adding nutrients and organic structure to enhance beds and borders.
- High nutrient top soil
- Perfect for adding organic goodness
- Rejuvenates existing soil
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Litre capacity (L)||35L|
This product is good
jas28 - 5 days ago
I bought this product because it was in manageable size bags, good quality soil, pity I could not get the quantity right first time, never mind I bought a second quantity which was correct. All I can say is now I am hoping I have raised borders worthy of Chelsea Flower show.
Product is fine
Ruthie123 - 9 days ago
There are so many bad reviews here that I feel the need to post a good one to offset them. The bags I received were fine.
Very good quality.
Anonymous - 1 month ago
I bought it from B&Q . I wanted this for repotting my plants. Thesoil is good quality, not sticky, allows good water drainage. makes repotting, quick, easy and hassle-free.
Angby - 1 month ago
I bought this product despite negative reviews on this website and was delighted with the quality of the top soil. I normally buy Westland compost as it is a good quality product and I haven’t been disappointed with the top soil.
AVOID at all cost!
PhilipdB - 2 months ago
This is the second time I bought this product from B&Q to use on my lawn, with the same result - the product is FULL of stones, sticks, and clay lumps!
This sand should have been sifted before packaging but obviously isn't!