See more Multi-purpose compost
Westland Multi-purpose Top soil 35L
This bag of top soil is suitable for creating new beds and borders or simply improving existing soil in your garden.
- Want to create new beds & borders or simply improve existing soil in your garden then Westland Top Soil is ideal for a high quality finish. It is also perfect for general lawn preparation & repairs such as levelling lawns, making it the ideal accompaniment for your general garden use.
- 50% mineral, 20% organic matter and 20-30% water
- While preparing lawn spread 3-4cm of top soil on the lawn area and level using the straight edge of a wooden baton and spirit level. Place a 7-10cm layer on beds and borders prior to planting or in thinner layers around existing plants. Pop on a pair of gloves when handling soils and compost.
Features and benefits
Westland Top Soil is a specially selected rich clay loam soil with a high humus content which retains nutrients and moisture, making it ideal for use all around the garden. This soil has been sieved to remove stones and debris and heat sterilized to kill off weed seeds. Westland Top Soil has a balanced clay, silt and sand composition with plenty of organic matter providing good structural stability under all weather conditions. It is lime and chalk free and perfect for adding nutrients and organic structure to enhance beds and borders.
- High nutrient top soil
- Perfect for adding organic goodness
- Rejuvenates existing soil
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Litre capacity (L)||35L|
Very poor quality
J4m - 1 month ago
I bought ten bags with some seed to dress my lawn, found over half a kilo of stones and large twigs that I have had to pick out by hand to save my lawn mower.
Jdoc20 - 1 month ago
I bought 4 bags of this for topping up a newly crated flower bed. It was easy to put down but contained so much clay that it just clumps up, solidifies on the surface so the water can’t drain away forming puddles. The plants are virtually waterlogged so I’m adding bags of compost to try & improve it.
RRon - 2 months ago
Have been using this product for many years to level lawns which gives excellent results.
Never experienced any problems noted by the negative reviewers.
Smcdonnell22 - 3 months ago
Full off stones. I bought this to top dress my lawn with seeds. After heavy rain it has exposed all of the stones on my grass now.
Don't buy unless you're desperate
Louise489 - 3 months ago
This is awful. Dry horrible and ugly looking. Don't buy unless you're desperate. Grab some garden dirt from a friend or family's garden and you'll get much better quality topsoil.