See more Tubular Latches
Yale Tubular latch (L)43mm (W)160mm
This tubular latch from Yale is suitable for wooden doors where no locking is required.
- Guarantee - 2 years
- Comes with - Latches, strike plates and screws
- Fitting instructions - Mortice in to door frame
Features and benefits
- Suitable for internal doors where no locking is required
- Latchbolt withdrawn by sprung lever handle from either side
- Not suitable for unsprung lever handles
|Lock backset measurement||64mm|
|Fixings supplied||Fixings supplied|
Fatal design change
Bonzothedog - 4 years ago
Upon trying to fit the first of these to a door which had previously held a theoretically identical Yale latch bought less than 2 years ago, I discovered that the end plates are now offset by several millimetres. This means that another strip of wood would need to be removed from an already slim area, leaving an equal sized and very obvious gap on the other side of the plate - not to mention the screw holes not lining up. The final cosmetic appearance would be unsatisfactory, so these will be going back for a refund.
Before you purchase, look at the current end plate on your door. If it's equidistant from each side with central screw holes, these particular latches will not fit.