See more Primers & Undercoats
Zinsser B-I-N Off white Matt Wallpaper cover up paint
This Off white matt wallpaper cover up paint has been specially designed to give a durable and long-lasting finish on a range of surfaces. Simply apply with a brush and leave for 4 hours to dry - a great way to give the surfaces additional protection. Covers 5-8m² per litre on average.
Features and Benefits
- Enables user to paint over wallpaper
- An all in one primer, sealer and stain-blocker - it obliterates wallpaper print with a smooth, matt, off-white finish. Seeping stains from smoke and damp residue are easily covered with no fear of re-emergence
- Unlike a regular emulsion which can cause wallpaper to bubble and blister, Zinsser Wallpaper Cover Up seals the wallpaper protecting it from the moisture in the paint and once dry, this one-coat system creates a new surface that is easy to paint
- It can be used under any coloured emulsion
- It can be applied by either brush or roller (for best results use short pile mohair or microfibre roller)
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Colour description||Off white|
|Coverage||5-8m² per litre|
|Drying time||4 hours|
|Recoat time||15-30 minutes|
|Touch dry time||2-4 hours|
|Litre capacity (L)||2.5L|
Does what it says on the tin!
Hymer - 9 months ago
Excellent coverage with just one coat, completely masking a vivid wallpaper print.
Happy with the results...
Shaun1207 - 9 months ago
Bought two tins of this paint to cover up two types of wallpaper with patterns. One was a dark yellow/Gold wall paper and other had large flower patterns in dark black colour on a white background. One coat wasn’t enough to achieve the pure white effect but after two coats the old patterns and colours disappeared! The Matt emulsion wall paint was applied on top of this without any issues and I am happy with the overall result.
Deanna1412 - 11 months ago
Covered up very old and bright wallpaper with no problems
Really Good Cover Up
Loopylin - 1 year ago
I tried to emulsion over a flowered wallpaper with very little success. The coverage wasn't great, and the wallpaper bubbled. I am absolutely thrilled at the result after using Zinsser wallpaper cover up. The pattern was obliterated in just one coat and no bubbles. I have yet to paint over with emulsion in my chosen colour, but it looks like I have a terrific base to start from. Highly recommended
An incredible product
Exhausted home owner - 1 year ago
We used this to cover expensive but very bold wallpaper we inherited in our new home. We had tried to remove similar wallpaper in another room but caused a lot of damage as the walls were made of plasterboard. One coat of this product quite literally obliterated the wallpaper pattern allowing us then to paint over in our chosen colour.