We remain open and here to help
As an essential retailer, we want to reassure you that our stores remain open and customer and colleague safety is our priority.
When shopping in store, we urge you to follow the Government’s social distancing guidelines and to shop responsibly only for what is necessary. You can also book an online kitchen, bathroom and bedroom planning appointment.
For customer and colleague safety, we have a number of social distancing measures at our stores. All stores have a designated queuing area outside (when required) and these have markers every two metres to help remind everyone to respect each other’s personal space. There are also two metre floor markers throughout stores as well as customer notices and marshalls to help you navigate around our stores safely. At the checkout we continue to have perspex screens and ask that payments are made by card or contactless.
If you need to visit a store please remember:
• Hand Sanitiser: Please sanitise your hands on entering the store using the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance to the store. You will also find sanitiser stations at the paint mixing desk and at other parts of your store.
• Sanitiser Stations: We provide cleaning materials at the store entrance for customers use to ensure trolleys are good to go.
• Face covering. It’s mandatory for customers & colleagues to wear a face covering while shopping in store unless you are exempt or have a reasonable excuse.
• Social distancing measures. We’re committed to providing the best possible service to support your home improvement needs, while keeping you and our colleagues safe. In the best interests of safety for you and our colleagues we will continue to follow two metre social distancing measures within our stores and in queues outside of our stores.
• We are quieter in the morning and late afternoon. If you want less queuing (who doesn’t), try coming in a little earlier in the day or later in the afternoon. Don’t forget we are now open until 8pm Monday - Saturday and until 6pm on Sunday.
• Groups in store. We may ask customers to reduce their group size when entering our stores to help keep a safe number of people in our stores. We recommend a group size of no more than two. Children under 16 are permitted at the manager’s discretion.
• Have your shopping list ready. At the entrance, our helpful colleagues will ask you what you need and direct you to where your required items are within the store.
• Be respectful of colleagues and other shoppers. We have two metre floor markers throughout the store. Let’s all give each other space.
• Our preference is for card or contactless payment. This is to keep handling of materials to a minimum in order to reduce the opportunity for virus transmission through contact, however we do offer customers the flexibility to pay with cash should they need to.
• In store services. All in store services remain open however some may not be available at certain times of the day. However, our garden centres are closed.
If you need help or advice, please call your local store who will always be happy to help.
Find their phone number on our store locator page or call us on 1800 818 950.
For customer service queries please contact your local store or email BandQCustomerServices@b-and-q.co.uk.
Shopping at B&Q
You can't purchase B&Q products online in the Republic of Ireland, but our colleagues in store are waiting to help when you visit.
Brand Price Match
B&Q will match the price of any identical Branded products. The product must be the identical product and you will need to provide us with evidence of the competitor’s price. We will also match the price of our Kitchen cabinets, drawers, door/drawer fronts and worktops as well our Bathroom cabinets, vanity units, shower enclosures, shower trays and screens, baths, basins and toilets.
Competitor products must be of a like for like design, colour and specification. We will price match at the point of purchase, or where you have already purchased the product from us, up to 14 days after the date of sale providing the competitor’s products are available at the lower price on the day you return to store and that you return with your proof of purchase. The competitor’s product must be available to the general public and in stock or available to order at the lower price on the day you return.
We do not price match against Competitor promotions/discounted products, offers involving vouchers or discount codes, delivery charges, installation, key and wood cutting services. We do not price match against, Internet Only Retailers, Online Marketplaces or Auction Sites, Trade Retailers, Wholesale or Warehouse Clubs requiring membership, or other companies within the Kingfisher Group. Staff or any other discount cards cannot be used in conjunction with a price match.
Our stores accept the following credit and debit cards.
If you are not able to get your items home from store, why not use our store delivery service?
Ask your local store for details of where they deliver.
|Item size*||Delivery charge||Free|
|Small items||€10||FREE delivery over €75|
|Large items||€15||FREE delivery over €350|
|Bulk items||€25||FREE delivery over €350|
*Charges exclude services
Returns & Refunds
Please keep your receipt for anything you buy from us. It will ensure we can help you, if you need to bring something back.
Our returns policy - terms and conditions
If you return a product unused, with the original receipt within 135 days of purchase (or delivery where applicable) we will exchange the product or issue a refund based on the original method of payment. For purchases made by debit/credit card, the same card must be used to process the refund. B&Q customer sales forms are an acceptable form of receipt.
- Products that have been cut, made to measure or mixed to your requirements cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- We reserve the right to refuse a return or to require proof of identity.
- Your consumer rights are not affected.
- If the product you purchase is faulty, or not as described, we may offer an exchange, refund or repair as appropriate, in accordance with your consumer rights.
You can return your items
- To your local B&Q Store
- You will need to take the product, your receipt/sales advice and the debit/credit card you used for payment with you
Products delivered to you
If you buy a product which we deliver to you, you may cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 135 days after delivery by:
- In the first instance, Calling us on 1800 946 327, emailing us at BandQCustomerServices@b-and-q.co.uk, or writing to us at Doncaster Customer Services, Catesby Business Park, White Rose Way, Doncaster, DN4 8DG to cancel the order (or part of it) and arrange collection
- Alternatively, returning the product to your local B&Q store (you will need to bring your sales advice and the credit/debit card used for payment)
This is subject to the following conditions:
- The product must be unused
- Orders which are cut, made to measure or mixed to your requirements will not be exchanged or refunded
- You will receive a full refund of the price paid (including relevant delivery charges) less any collection charges. If you return a part of an order, we will recalculate any applicable delivery charge for the remaining part of the order and also deduct this from the refund
- We reserve the right to refuse a return or to require proof of identity
YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED
If the product you purchase is faulty, we may offer a repair, exchange or refund as appropriate in accordance with your consumer rights.
Please call us on 1800 946327 to arrange.
*Lines are open 8am to 8pm weekdays, 8am to 8pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday.
B&Q gift cards are the ideal present for people who love decorating their homes and spending time in their garden.
Treat your friends, family or colleagues and let them choose what they really want from over 40,000 products in store. They're are perfect for new home, wedding or birthday celebration.
B&Q Gift Cards can be purchased from any B&Q store for values from €1 to €1000 and online from €10 to €500.
For B&Q Ireland media enquiries please contact Ireland.Marketing@b-and-q.co.uk. Please note, these contact details are for media enquiries only.