About Rug Doctor
At B&Q we’re focusing on protecting our colleagues and customers, whilst ensuring we continue to provide you with the access to the products and services you need. Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide Rug Doctor rental at the moment.
There are just three easy steps to the Rug Doctor cleaning process:
Stage 1 Two needle jets deliver - under pressure - metered amounts of fresh smelling cleaning solution into the carpet pile.
Stage 2 The unique bi-directional brush then oscillates at 3,200 cycles per minute washing the cleaning solution deep into the carpet – effectively cleaning from the bottom of the pile up. This ensures every side of the carpet fibres are thoroughly cleaned.
Stage 3 A powerful vacuum then removes up to 80% of the waste cleaning solution. This means the carpet is almost dry after cleaning. Total drying time is around 2 to 3 hours.
What you need to do
If you want to deep clean your carpets all you need to do is decide how many rooms you want to clean – the label on the front of each bottle of Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent shows the coverage that can be achieved using their 1,2 or 4 litre bottles in both number of rooms and m².
How long will it take
This will depend on the amount of cleaning you need to do, but as a rough guide:
• Two average size rooms can be cleaned in a couple of hours.
• An average 3 bedroom house will take approximately a day to clean and dry, including moving furniture.
Particularly dirty carpets may need overnight drying before a second deep clean is attempted, so a 48 hour rental would be recommended in this case.
Which Size Of Machine Do I Need To Rent?
There are two Rug Doctor machines, the Standard size Mighty Pack or the bigger Wide Track machine.
Advantages of using the Wide Track are:
• The machine has a 20% wider cleaning path, a 22% wider brush, but more importantly it carries over 42% more cleaning solution and has a 55% larger recovery tank. This reduces time spent refilling and means that the machine is twice as fast to use overall.
• 15sqm can be covered between refills.
• Convenient for transportation, only 4”/10cm higher than the Mighty Pack.
Hiring from B&Q
The Rug Doctor is available from all of our stores for either a 24 or 48 hour period. The machines can be hired via any customer advisor making the process quick and easy.
Price of hire
• 24 hour £23.00 - 48 hour £29.00
• 24 hour £29.00 - 48 hour £34.00
Each rental can be purchased along side a hand tool which is ideal for cleaning upholstery, staircases, mattresses and even fabric car and caravan interiors. The hand tool is priced at £2.99. To rent a Rug Doctor machine, you will only need a Photo Driving License and a Credit/ Debit card if used to pay for the machine rents. Please note that we still accept a Passport as alternative Photo ID.
To arrange your rental, simply visit your local store. You can also call ahead to check availability.