The B&Q Club terms and conditions
Here you will find the terms and conditions in relation to your membership of the B&Q Club.
About Us: The promoter of the B&Q Club is B&Q Limited. B&Q Limited is a company registered in England (company number 973387) whose registered office is at B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE (B&Q, us, we or our).
Terms: These terms and conditions (the Terms) apply to your membership of the B&Q Club, use of the Membership Materials and Cards, and receipt of Promotions and discounts (as those terms are defined below). These Terms apply to members resident in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands (the Territory).
Membership: There are two types of membership to the B&Q Club: (i) general B&Q Club membership; and (ii) Diamond membership.
Please note that
i) Google Play is not a sponsor of nor is it involved in any way with the offers and benefits included in this app.
ii) For each individual offer and/or benefit additional terms and conditions may apply which can be found on the relevant offer and/or benefit.
Becoming a member of the B&Q Club
1. You can become a B&Q Club member by signing up online at www.diy.com/club or via the B&Q app. You can also become a B&Q Club member by signing up in store.
2. To become a B&Q Club member you must register your details with us, including your title, name, address including postcode, e-mail address and membership number (if joining online) or postcode, e-mail address and membership number (if joining in-store). Upon receipt of your details, we will send you aconfirmatory e-mail confirming your membership number and details.
3. You must not share your membership number or your membership details with any third party.
4. You may use the cards or key fobs (collectively, Cards) associated with the B&Q Club without registering to become a member. Your use of the Cards is subject to these Terms.
General terms of B&Q Club membership
5. Membership of the B&Q Club is only available to residents of the Territory who are aged 18 or over. In order to qualify for Diamond membership you must be aged 60 or over.
6. You will not automatically transition to Diamond membership upon turning 60. You must apply separately for Diamond membership.
7. The B&Q Club membership is not transferable and the benefits of membership can only be used by the registered member.
8. Each person shall only be entitled to one B&Q Club membership account and B&Q may refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
9. B&Q Club membership is solely for individual consumers, and not for businesses or commercial entities. You must not use your B&Q Club membership in connection with any business transaction or purpose. B&Q employees and their relatives are entitled to become B&Q Club members.
10. We reserve the right to refuse any application for membership for any reason.
11. You must not use your B&Q Club membership or any Membership Materials (as defined below) in any way that violates applicable law or infringes the rights of any person.
Benefits of B&Q Club membership
12. Membership of the B&Q Club entitles you to receive promotions, vouchers, offers and discounts (collectively, Promotions) from us in respect of purchases you make at any B&Q store in the Territory during the time period of the Promotion. The Promotions will be selected by us at our sole discretion (which may be based on the purchases you have previously made) and will be provided to you by email or via the B&Q app and so you must remain opted in to receive marketing communications from B&Q in order to receive the Promotions. The Promotions are not available at B&Q Surplus Stores or at B&Q concessions and cafes.
13. To receive the Promotion, the B&Q Club membership number, barcode and/or Card together with the Promotion itself (for example, a print out of the Promotion) must be presented by the registered member at the time of purchase. Promotions are not transferable. The Promotions may not be used in conjunction with TradePoint cards, any other non-B&Q Club discount cards, friends and family vouchers or for the purchase of B&Q gift cards.
14. The Promotions are subject to separate terms and conditions.
Specific benefits of Diamond membership
15. In addition to the benefits of B&Q Club membership as described above, Diamond members are entitled to a 10% discount on purchases made at any B&Q store in the Territory every Wednesday. The discount is not available at B&Q Surplus Stores or for any online purchases.
16. To receive the discount the member must present their membership card or key fob at the time of purchase. The discount is not transferable. Occasionally proof of age and identity may be required when using the discount.
17. The Diamond member discount may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts, promotions, TradePoint cards, any other non-B&Q Club discount cards, friends and family vouchers or for the purchase of B&Q gift cards.
18. The discount is not available in relation to kitchen, bathroom or bedroom purchases (including associated accessories), installations, household appliances, carrier bags and gift cards. The discount applies to the store price prior to any further adjustment that may be required to meet our price promise.
19. Items purchased using the Diamond discount and requiring home delivery can only be delivered to the member's address and delivery charges do not receive a discount.
20. The B&Q Club membership numbers, Cards, coupons, vouchers, printable B&Q Club material and all other B&Q Club documents and materials (collectively, Membership Materials) are issued by and remain the property of B&Q. You must return Membership Materials to B&Q on request or destroy those Membership Materials when no longer valid for use.
21. Membership Materials cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
22. The Card is not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card and is for use by the authorised registered member only, in connection with purchases intended for personal use only. The Card remains the property of B&Q who reserve the right to alter the conditions of use, or to withdraw it at any time.
Cancelling your B&Q Club membership
23. You may tell us that you wish to cancel your B&Q Club membership at any time by writing to The B&Q Club Membership, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom. You may also email B&Q Customer Services on BandQCustomerServices@b-and-q.co.uk.
24. A breach of these Terms (or the terms and conditions of any Promotion) or an abuse of the B&Q Club, in each case as reasonably determined by us, will entitle us to cancel your B&Q Club membership, associated Cards and Promotions without prior notice. We reserve the right to take any other action deemed necessary where you are found to have breached these Terms (or the terms and conditions of any Promotion) or abused the B&Q Club.
25. You will cease to be entitled to the benefits of the B&Q Club when your membership is cancelled.
Cancellation or variation of the B&Q Club
26. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend the B&Q Club (whether in part or in its entirety) or vary these Terms, or vary or alter the operation of the B&Q Club, including varying or terminating Promotions at any time.
27. If we terminate the B&Q Club or make other changes to the B&Q Club we shall take reasonable and appropriate steps to make you aware of such termination or changes. If we change these Terms and you do not agree to the Terms as amended, you may cancel your B&Q Club membership in the manner referred to above. If you continue to use your B&Q Club membership and/or Cards after the Terms have been amended, you indicate your acceptance of the updated Terms.
28. We accept no liability under or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter for any:
a. loss which is not foreseeable (loss is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time you and we entered into these Terms);
b. loss which arises when we are not at fault or in breach of these Terms; and
c. business loss (which includes loss of profits, loss of business, contracts, goodwill, business opportunity and other similar losses).
29. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
Waiver and severance
30. Any failure or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms shall not prevent us from being able to enforce that, or any other, right or remedy at a later time.
31. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court or other competent authority, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
32. You agree that we may transfer any of our rights and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of our obligations under these Terms. Where we do so, we will take steps to ensure that it does not affect your ability to rely on the rights that you may have under these Terms.
33. These Terms are personal to you and are entered into by you for your own benefit and not for the benefit of any third party. You may only transfer or assign your rights under these Terms with our prior consent, which we will not unreasonably withhold.
34. B&Q will collect and use information about you, including the information you provide when registering (such as your name, address and email address) and any other personal information you provide, or that is generated about you, in connection with your membership to the B&Q Club and use of the Cards, including details of purchases you make.
35. We may use your information to: (i) administer your membership to the B&Q Club and to communicate with you in connection with your membership; (ii) understand your purchasing preferences to enable us to improve our products and services; (iii) provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers by post, SMS, email and other electronic means (including social media) (we may analyse the purchases you make to enable us to send you information that is most likely to interest you); (iv) provide you with digital receipts in respect of your purchases; (v) monitor and run our business, and for market research purposes; and (vi) prevent, detect and investigate fraud and other criminal activity and prosecute offenders.
37. Subject to the following paragraph, you and we agree that these Terms are governed by the law of England and Wales and that any dispute between you and us arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will only be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
38. Regardless of the above paragraph, you and we agree that if you are resident in a part of the United Kingdom other than England and Wales, the law of that part of the United Kingdom will apply to these Terms and any dispute between you and us arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be dealt with by the courts located there, provided that, where we are allowed to do so by law, we may bring a claim against you in the courts of England and Wales.
These Terms were last updated on 21 April 2015.