Laurus Nobilis Bay Tree (H)12M
- Product rating
Create a beautiful focal point in your garden or at the front of your house with this Laurus Nobilis bay tree from Verve Excellent. Ideal for placing either side of doorways, this plant is also compatible with a wide range of soils.
- Guarantee - 1 year
- Care instructions - Have a shallow root system so make sure they are protected from heavy frost and heat by top dressing with soil and have adequate drainage
- You will receive a standard tree which has been trained into shape with a spiral stem and ball shape foliage
Purchasing and availability details
- Our stores do not stock this product
[This is a block of tabs..]
Features and benefits
- Grown for approximately 6 years in Sciliy, hand pruned several times a year by skilled nurserymen to create the standard 'lolipop' shape
- If planted in a container repot every two to three years
- To maintain shape prune with small secateurs - working around the head of the plant to keep an even and rounded shape
|Soil type||Well drained soil|
|Eventual height & spread|
|Environmental Information||50 % peat free|
|Where to plant||Partial shade|
|Standard||Royal Horticultural Society Award of Garden Merit|
Help & Advice
How to guides
Hedges are excellent features which can provide additional privacy, a great habitat for birds or other wildlife and a tidy border for your garden. Most hedges are not especially high maintenance, but do require a trim every now and then to prevent them losing their shape or casting unwanted shade.
As the temperature drops and the autumn leaves begin to fall it’s time to get back out in the garden one last time before the winter hits and do one last tidy up. It's your last chance to mow that lawn, pack away the toys and furniture and because you don’t quite know when you will be lounging in the sun again, it’s best to do it properly.