See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
Dulux Quick dry Pure brilliant white Satinwood Metal & wood paint, 2.5L
This Pure brilliant white satinwood wood & metal paint has been specially designed to give a durable and long-lasting finish on a range of surfaces. Simply apply with a brush or roller and leave for 6 hours to dry - a great way to give the surfaces additional protection. Covers up to 16 m² per litre on average.
- Apply 2 coats with a brush, leave at least for 6 hours between coats and even longer during cold and damp. If the colour change is strong, more coats may be required
- Suitable for Metal & wood
- Quick dry
- Scrape and remove flaking or defective paint and sand down the surface to remove any sheen. Make sure the surface is clean (no dirt or grease) and dry. When painting radiators make sure that they are cold
Features and benefits
At B&Q we want you to be satisfied with your colour selection. Not all monitors will display colours the same and paint tins may not show the same colour as your walls do in natural light. We therefore recommend you order a tester pot online or pop in store to pick one up so you are sure that this is the right colour for you.
- We've made this paint scuff resistant so it's durable and hardwearing in the busiest of homes. The finish lasts for longer so once you've painted you don't have to worry about it needing a touch up
- Keep skirtings, doors and window frames looking neat and fresh with interior wood and metal paint which lets you easily wipe away marks
- Simply cover old marks and blemishes for a better finish
- When you've spent time painting your home, you want to keep the colour at its best for longer. That's why our paint doesn't yellow and keeps your white surfaces whiter for longer
- This paint dries quickly so you can get additional coats painted sooner. Get the job finished quicker and sit back and relax
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Colour||Pure brilliant white|
|Drying time||6 h|
|Instructions for storage||Store the paint in dry conditions and protect from extreme temperatures|
|Recoat time||6 hours|
|Resistant to dripping||Drip resistant|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
|Washable||Washable & wipeable|
Needs several coats
Jinty 1980 - 13 days ago
I’ve used satinwood for years. I thought I’d give the quick dry a go and I wish I hadn’t. It doesn’t go on well and needs at least 3 coats which means you use three times as much and the quick dry part is irrelevant as you have 3 times as much work to do. I won’t buy again.
Too many applications needed
daisy1208 - 24 days ago
True it’s word it’s touch dry in an hour. Only down side is I needed at least 3 coats for a perfect finish!
Eddie44 - 25 days ago
After reading such a bad report I had to try it..
It's lovely paint easy to use . hardly smells at all.and goes a long way.with a.proper White.
Dulux changed the recipe for sure.
Mynydd - 1 month ago
I've always used Dulux Satinwood and have been satisfied except after time it goes yellow. When I read that the new Quickdry overcomes the yellowing, Yippee. I painted the back of my cloakroom door. Success. However to freshen up with a damp cloth leaves it sticky and stays sticky. Now I'll be using another make.
Needs 2 coats
gemmalouise_ - 1 month ago
As other reviews state, the coverage on the first coat isn't great and it made me worried. You NEED to give this at least two thick coats and it will look fine. I also found that I got a nice finish using a roller. For those saying it dries too fast to fix, you are buying a quick drying paint, you need to just work in small sections at a time.