Help us to help you – socially distanced shopping at B&Q
Here’s some of the strict social distancing measures we’ve put in place to help customers and colleagues to keep safe.
Planning a visit? We’d love to see you, but when visiting a store please remember:
- Social distancing measures. We’re committed to providing the best possible service to support your home improvement needs, while keeping you and our colleagues safe. In the best interests of safety for you and our colleagues we will continue to follow two metre social distancing measures within our stores and in queues outside of our stores.
- We are quieter in the morning and late afternoon. If you want less queuing (who doesn’t), try coming in a little earlier in the day or later in the afternoon. Don’t forget we are now open until 8pm Monday - Saturday and until 4pm on Sunday.
- Groups in store. A maximum of four people from a household can shop together in store, children under 16 supervised by a parent or guardian are also permitted as part of these groups.
- Have your shopping list ready. At the entrance, our helpful colleagues will ask you what you need and direct you to where your required items are within the store.
- Be respectful of colleagues and other shoppers. We have two metre floor markers throughout the store. Let’s all give each other space.
- Our preference is for card or contactless payment. This is to keep handling of materials to a minimum in order to reduce the opportunity for virus transmission through contact, however we do offer customers the flexibility to pay with cash should they need to.
Local Lockdown Areas - As an essential retailer our stores in areas where there is a local lockdown will remain open. To reduce the risk of transmission, in line with Government guidance, we have implemented comprehensive controls and strict social distancing measures in all of our stores.
All stores have a designated queuing area outside and these have markers every two metres to help remind everyone to respect each other’s personal space. To further support social distancing, stores have two metre floor markers throughout as well as other point of sale, and perspex screens have been installed at the checkouts. We also have hand sanitiser stations to ensure trolleys are good to go. Colleagues are on hand to remind everyone to stay safe and follow these guidelines.
Whether shopping instore or online, we urge you to follow the Government’s social distancing guidelines and to shop responsibly only for what is necessary.