See more Robotic Lawnmowers
Flymo 1200R Cordless Lithium-ion Rotary Robotic lawnmower
Our stores do not stock this product
This Flymo 1200R Robotic lawnmower is perfect for freeing up your time to do other things as it can be programmed to mow independently at times which suit you (suitable for gardens up to 400 m² in size).
- Cutting width (mm) - 170 mm, Cutting heights from 20-50 mm
- 18 V / 1.6 Ah Lithium-ion Battery & mains powered
- 1 year Manufacturer Warranty
- Comes with Comes with full installation kit, charging station and security alarm
Features and benefits
Comes with full installation kit, charging station and security alarm
- Designed for easy self installation. A simple to install boundary wire defines the area for every garden type.
- The robotic lawnmower automatically docks itself into the charging station meaning less work for you.
- Daily mowing and mulching without the need to dispose of the grass clippings.
- Covers all garden shapes; It works by mowing in a random pattern, whatever the garden shape so that all parts are covered.
- Highly sensitive collision sensors stop the mower from getting into any collisions and helps it to avoid any obstacles.
- Ideal for slopes the robotic lawnmower can work on slopes with a gradient up 25%.
- The average mowing time is 65 minutes.
|Cutting width (mm)||170mm|
|Cutting capacity||Cutting heights from 20-50 mm|
|Blade description||Metal cutting blades|
|Charge time||50 minute|
|Material||Metal & plastic|
Does more then expected
Flymo1200R - 2 years ago
Used OAP/Wednesday discount saving an extra £50. Easy to set up and running within an hour.
The instructions claim up to 400sq/mtrs, I gave it 500sq/mtrs and it coped easily so have extended the area to approx 900sq/mtrs with no problems.
Only niggle is with B&Q. Local store does not stock and they would not bring one in from another store so had to travel 50 miles to collect. But still cheap so...
Good for the grass
One man went to mow - 2 years ago
I bought a Flymo 1200R in May 2014 and have been very pleased with its performance. Setting up the boundary wire and docking station was relatively straightforward. It takes a little time to work out how often I wanted the mower to work for best results. Advantages are that the lawn has that nice tidy look most of the time, you spend less time cutting the grass and the fine clippings help good grass growth.
Points to be aware of:
You still have to cut around the edge of the lawn with a regular mower every so often as the boundary wire is set 100mm in from the edge = 100mm of uncut grass.
The 1200R needs cleaning down from time to time when it’s been working in damp - wet conditions.
If you walk on the lawn and go straight into the house you find the fine grass clippings come with you.
Cuts in a random pattern and depending on the size of the lawn, the mower may have to work through three battery cycles before all the grass is cut without leaving small tuffs.
Battery will not last indefinitely. Life is relative to amount of work and mine now needs replacing after 4 seasons at a cost of £148 (genuine Flymo part).
Would I recommend it? - Yes, because I like gadgets
Is it cost effective No