Dine and relax with our outdoor living ranges
Make the most of good weather by dining and relaxing outdoors. Whether you're having a family meal, socialising with friends or lounging in the sunshine, we have a wide range of comfortable and stylish garden furniture to help you create the perfect outside space.
So grab your front row seat for summer with our handy guide to garden furniture.
Before you begin
There are a few things to think about before buying your new garden furniture.
How will the garden furniture be used?
Who will be using your garden furniture and for what purpose? Are you going to be eating al fresco and so looking for a dining set? Or are you more likely to be relaxing and lounging, and so might prefer the comfort of a sofa or armchair? By understanding how you'll be enjoying outdoor living, you'll get a better sense of what kind of seating and tables you need, as well as numbers.
How much space is available?
Do you have a large garden with lots of room? Or just a balcony to work with? Whatever size outdoor space you have, we have an option to suit you. It's important at this early stage to get a general sense of available space (exact measurements might help but will only be necessary in very small spots) so that you don't end up with something that doesn't fit.
What’s the access like?
How will you be transporting your garden furniture to its outdoor destination? For example, choosing a heavy, non-foldable option isn't the best choice for balconies as it'll be too heavy to get upstairs and may not fit easily through doors.
Where will the garden furniture be stored?
Don't forget to consider what will happen to your garden furniture when it’s not in use – where will it live? Will it be moved or do you have plenty of space to keep it outside all year long? Certain materials are very robust at standing up to the elements, while smaller, lightweight furniture can more easily be stored in a nearby shed or garage.
How much maintenance does the garden furniture require?
Think about how much effort you want to put into caring for your garden furniture, as some materials require more work than others. Are you happy to give it a lick of protective paint every year or are you looking for something less demanding? It's an essential consideration as you want to be able to enjoy your garden furniture for years to come.
Once you've considered these factors, move onto the next tab to explore different types of garden furniture.
Types of garden furniture
From dining and socialising to lounging and relaxing, our wide range of garden furniture offers something for all outdoor living and entertaining.
Garden furniture dining sets
Our dining furniture sets offer a stylish and practical spot for al fresco eating. We offer larger dining sets that seat between four and eight people, or bistro sets that seat two that are ideal for small gardens or balconies. Choose from square, rectangular or round tables.
Our garden dining range offers a variety of convenient features so you can find the perfect set to match the size and style of your garden. These features include:
- Sliding extensions, to increase the size of the table. The extension gives you the extra space when you need it, but hides neatly away when you’ve not got as many guests.
- Tuck away chairs and stools, for a compact and space-saving dining set. The innovative Karaya Dining Set seats four people and has comfortable chairs and stools that tuck snugly under the table when not in use.
- Adjustable height tables that can be used as a dining table or coffee table. We’ve come up with the innovative Gabbs table, part of the chic Gabbs Storage Sofa Set. It can be set to two different heights – a lower height for use as a coffee table, or a taller height for dining. This set combines both comfort and functionality as you can use it for relaxing and lounging as well as for dining.
Garden furniture bistro sets
When you’re limited on space, for example if you have a balcony or courtyard, a bistro set is a great choice. We offer bistro sets in lots of attractive colours and designs. Many of our tables and chairs also fold away so you can store it in garden storage or hang it on a hook on the wall.
Garden furniture coffee sets
Relax and enjoy all the comfort of indoor lounging outdoors with a garden furniture coffee set. Our selection includes individual armchairs, sofa sets, side tables, stools and cushion boxes – simply mix and match to create the numbers of seats you need.
Look out for exciting features, such as:
- Stackable sets, such as the Pilares Coffee Set. The table and two armchairs can be stacked together for easy storage.
- Separate armchairs that can be moved together to make a sofa, or kept as individual seats. This means you’ll have seating sorted for your guests whichever way you arrange the set.
- Adjustable backrests, to find the most comfortable seating position. The sofas in the Amorio Coffee Set have backs that can be moved to suit the person sitting on it.
- Matching plant pots. Pair the Sulana Sofa Set with a Sulana plant pot to fully co-ordinate your garden look.
Garden chairs and tables
Need some more seating or looking for something portable to take to a festival or picnic? Our range of garden chairs includes everything from collapsible camping and beach chairs, to extra chairs for your dining and bistro sets.
For a truly eye-catching statement chair, check out the Cannock Metal Egg Chair (pictured) - perfect for a summer snuggle. And you can’t beat a rocking chair for ultimate relaxation. The contemporary Cuba Rattan Rocking Chair creates a calming and soothing spot to sit.
If you need some extra surface space for serving food and drinks, pick up one of our individual tables. Opt for ones that coordinate with those in our dining sets or create a mismatched look with a different colour, material or style.
For the more traditional garden, nothing beats a classic garden bench. Choose between timeless wood, contemporary sandstone or painted metal. We offer benches with a back and arm rests, as well as backless benches and picnic benches.
Look out for features including:
- Wheelbarrow bench. Add a rustic look to your garden with the Rural Garden Bench On Wheels, which comes pre-painted in an attractive grey.
- Additional storage for cushions and soft furnishings. Our Denia Bench Set (pictured) comes with a matching garden storage box that is ideal for bench cushions and perfectly packs away underneath the bench to save space. It also doubles up as a handy table for drinks and snacks.
- Folding benches for easy storage. The Rural Wood Bench neatly folds up to be leant against a wall or put in a shed or garage.
Soak up the sun with one of our more laidback seating choices. From bright, foldable options that you can take anywhere to the more traditional lounger for sunbathing in the garden. You can lay, nap, tan or read in any style you please. Features include:
- Adjustable backs, so you can move it up or down to suit.
- Padded sun loungers, for maximum comfort.
- Foldable sun loungers, which you can collapse and take with you to the beach or campsite.
- Sun loungers on wheels, making it easy to move around to find the perfect sunny spot.
Kids’ garden furniture
Our kids’ outdoor furniture sets provide them with the perfect place to catch their breath when they take a break from bouncing, splashing and exploring. Choose from brightly coloured children’s seating in a variety of styles, including camping chairs and moulded plastic seats. And help them sit up to the table with a picnic table or small-scale versions of the Janeiro range (pictured).
Additional garden furniture
Garden furniture isn’t just tables and chairs. There’s a variety of other furniture available to make your perfect garden.
Do you like to host parties and get-togethers in your garden? An outdoor bar is the ideal addition for socialising. This Aland Wooden Bar features space for all your bottles and cocktail accessories underneath and a wide top to serve up the drinks. It comes with two stools and folds up, making it easy to store away when the party is over.
For a more portable option, this Denia Wooden Garden Trolley (pictured) is great for serving up drinks and snacks to your guests in the garden. It also comes with a useful wooden tray.
For relaxing in the sun, a hammock provides the perfect solution. For an easy option we offer the Blooma Visoke Hammock with Frame that’s perfect for lounging in the sun. Or throw up a hammock when the sun shines with a packable option. Our Blooma Rural Hammock is available in an attractive multicolour stripe or fringed beige.
Materials of garden furniture
We offer garden furniture in three materials: wood, metal and rattan effect.
Wooden garden furniture
Bring a natural and timeless look to your outdoor space with wooden garden furniture.
Beautiful raw material combined with stylish classic design is the cornerstone of our wood range.
All of our wood used is Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) approved, meaning that it’s been responsibly sourced. We offer wooden garden furniture in four types of wood – acacia, eucalyptus, pine, and teak:
- Acacia and eucalyptus - naturally weather over time, and as such we recommend caring for it at least once a year with protective treatment to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.
- Pine - The Rural range is made from pre-painted pine that is treated against fungus.
- Teak - a dense wood with a straight grain which won't warp or crack over time. Due to its high oil content, it’s more water-resistant than other woods and so won't rot even in the dampest conditions. Sand it down and apply wood treatment each year to remove surface dirt and to maintain its look. Alternatively, leave untreated and over time it will turn from a light, golden brown to a stylish silver grey.
Metal garden furniture
If you’re looking for something sturdy and easy to care for, consider metal garden furniture. With styles to suit all – from classic to contemporary – as well as different colours, our metal garden furniture ranges will last for years to come. They’re also low-maintenance, only requiring an occasional wash with soapy water.
We offer metal garden furniture in two options - aluminium and steel:
- Aluminium - is rust-resistant and so can be left outside in all weather conditions. It's also lightweight, making it easier to move around.
- Steel is extremely strong and heavy, but we recommend covering it with a furniture cover when not in use to protect it from the weather and avoid rust.
Rattan-effect garden furniture
If you’re looking for subtle yet stylish garden furniture that blends into your garden, explore our rattan-effect collections. Its natural look makes rattan effect perfectly suited for most décor, and it’s versatile enough to work both outdoors and in, such as in a conservatory. There's very little maintenance required - just give it the occasional wash with soapy water - avoiding hoses or pressure washers as a strong stream of water could damage the furniture.
We offer rattan-effect garden furniture in two options - resin weave and moulded resin:
- Resin weave - a hard-wearing, yet lightweight and supple material. Not only is it resistant to mould and mildew, it’s also UV resistant so the colour won’t fade. It can withstand changes in temperature, and neither the material or the furniture's aluminium frame will be damaged by rainfall. Leave it outside all year and this handmade furniture will continue to look good.
- Moulded resin garden furniture is comprised entirely of resin with no metal frame. It requires assembly and is a great budget alternative.
Two-material garden furniture
Ever-popular is garden furniture comprised of two different materials – or at least looks like different materials. This offers a versatile, “best of both worlds” option that we offer in a variety of stylish and unusual combinations.
The choices include:
- Metal mixed with rattan effect courtesy of the contemporary Cuba garden furniture range. Choose from an armchair or a fun and comfy rocking chair.
- Metal tables with wood-effect tops. Check out the Morlaix Dining Table which has a low-maintenance, rust-resistant aluminium frame with an authentic-looking top.
- Tables with glass tops for easy cleaning. Choose between clear glass for a traditional look or coloured options, such as the modern Sumatra Dining Table in dark grey.
- Ceramic table tops to add a stylish touch to your outdoor space. The Katalla Dining Table and larger Cantua Dining Table both have ceramic tops.
- Marble table tops, to dine al fresco Mediterranean-style. Our Sofia range features tables with hand-finished marble tops. Choose from a 2 seat bistro set for a smaller space, or the 6 seat dining set (pictured). Alternatively the Azolla Square Table has a stunning modern marble-effect top.
You might need
Complement your garden furniture with a few extra bits and pieces.
Parasols and parasol bases
Stay protected when enjoying the summer sun with a parasol. We offer two types - those with a straight pole and those that overhang for greater flexibility in your coverage. Be sure to pick up the suitable base to accompany your parasol.
Our parasols are available in a range of attractive shades, such as grey, blue and green; and look for ones with a crank handle for easy put up.
Garden cushions and soft furnishings
For added comfort, why not add cushions to your garden seating? Pick an option that will complement your colour scheme and help you enjoy the outdoors for longer without discomfort.
Our Rural collection (pictured) includes a variety of soft furnishings including cushions, seat pads, table cloths and outdoor rugs. The range is centred around rustic, on-trend colours such as indigo, terracotta and light grey. Pair plain and patterned soft furnishings with your garden furniture to bring it to life and create a heritage and homely look.
Garden furniture covers & storage
Where are you going to keep your furniture when it’s not in use? While some options can be kept outside all year, most will last longer if stored out of the elements – plus it will cut down on clutter.
If you have the room for a garden building, consider a shed or garden storage. Check out our helpful buying guides to find out more about the options available to you. Or if space is tight, pick up some garden furniture covers. We offer ones for different sized garden tables, sun loungers, stacking chairs and swing benches.
Garden furniture cleaning & maintenance
If, after a while, your garden furniture starts to get a bit dirty, a damp cloth and warm soapy water will usually be enough to remove dirt from most materials. Alternatively garden furniture cleaning spray can be used, though wood furniture requires more specialist care. For this apply a wood furniture cleaner (if necessary) and add further protection with an external paint, stain or varnish.