See more Wall & Ceiling Paint
GoodHome Durable Chelsea Matt Emulsion paint, 2.5L
Our stores do not stock this product
GoodHome walls and ceilings durable paint is suitable for walls, wood and metal with our toughest formulation and excellent covering power. It is extremely hard wearing so is ideal for hallways, stairwells and children's bedrooms.
- New plaster or plasterboard should be sealed with a plaster sealer. For non-powdery surfaces or to cover contrasting colours, prepare with a walls and ceilings primer. Painted surfaces should be sanded, clean and dry. Fill any holes or defects with filler. When sanding, wear a face mask to avoid dust inhalation. Before painting on bare wood or metal use a suitable primer. Painted glossy surfaces should be sanded thoroughly.
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Stir gently before use. Apply using a brush or roller, when the temperature is between 10°C and 30°C. For best results, apply 2 coats leaving up to 4 hours between coats.
Features and benefits
- Offers exceptional hiding power depending on your selected colour and the surface you are painting
- It is washable and scrubbable, and repels liquids so splashes can be wiped off with ease
- It has a stain resistant finish and is extremely hard wearing for longer lasting colour
- We recommend applying a primer before colour top coat
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||8-12 h|
|Instructions for storage||Store any leftover paint between 5 and 30°C. Best used within 1 year of opening.|
|Maximum application temperature||30°C|
|Minimum application temperature||10°C|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||2-4 hours|
|Resistant to stains||Stain resistant|
|Room use||Any room|
Lovely colour though requires effort to apply
renovatorman - 1 month ago
This is a beautiful warm but not too vibrant colour. It does appear brighter red when applying though darkens upon drying. Dries quickly within an hour or two. Does require several coats to appear balanced and still not 100% crisp, therefore 2.5l doesn't go far, though happy with the colour.
miked12 - 3 months ago
Doesn't look anything like the colour on the picture. More Post Box red.
Ot33 - 4 months ago
Needed 4 coats to stop patches showing through on a small wall & still not a perfect finish. Will not buy again.
Hjc - 8 months ago
It doesn't even deserve 1star. Feels like I am painting with childs poster paint, except that would probably do a better job!!
delboy644 - 1 year ago
Impossible to get an even finish and any marks on your walls will show up even after several coats. Stick to the more established brands and avoid this at all costs. Painted similar room recently and 2 coats of Dulux paint got me a perfect finish, after 3 coats with this paint I have given up and am now looking for a similar colour from a different brand.