See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
GoodHome Longford Flat matt Furniture paint, 500ml
GoodHome flat matt furniture paint will give you a velvety smooth, chalky finish perfect for transforming your interior furniture to suit your taste.
- Suitable for Furniture
- Prepare wood by removing wax, oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
- This paint is also safe for use on toys
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Nice colour, decent paint
YYak - 5 months ago
It’s not the best paint on the market
- it separates easily and requires constant mixing
- I found it a bit too runny
But decent value for money
Very impressed, will buy again
Jpatt35 - 7 months ago
Loved the colour of this and wanted to paint an old pine dresser but didn’t want typical chalk paint. After reading the reviews we added a small amount of water for both coats, gave it a good stir and it covered perfectly. Rather than wax we finished with two coats of clear varnish to give the finish we wanted and I would recommend 100%. Was also impressed with Goodhome emulsion that we recently used will buy again.
Not the same colour
Diy12378 - 8 months ago
Expected a toned down grey/blue as on the tin but after the first coat it was clear the paint does not match the tin. After the first coat I was left with a bright blue and therefore had to purchase more paint in the original colour I was after! Complete waste of time and money.
Anonymous - 1 year ago
Brought to paint my kitchen cupboard door, easy paint to use and a little goes a long way. Will definitely be using again.
Gill104 - 2 years ago
Bought this paint to upcycle an old dresser. Very pleased with the paint, went on well and colour as expected.