See more Wood Furniture Paint & Treatments
GoodHome Milltown Flat matt Furniture paint, 0.5L
GoodHome flat matt furniture paint will give you a velvety smooth, chalky finish perfect for transforming your interior furniture to suit your taste.
- Coverage: 12m²
- Prepare wood by removing wax and oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces.
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer.
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
- This paint is also safe for use on toys
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Product type||Furniture paint|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Suitable for||Melamine & wood|
|Suitable surface||Ceilings & walls|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Machu001 - 31 days ago
Extremely happy with this colour in particular. Have also used some of the greys in the Good Home range and very impressed. I make furniture from MDF and/or ply. Both MDF and ply (sanded) take only a single coat!
Like other reviewers I have successfully mixed white from this range to make a lighter colour which also worked brilliantly with just a single coat on new previously unpainted MDF and ply without any primer or uncoat.
Lexi2020 - 1 month ago
I love the Good Home range of flat matt and velvety smooth paints. I have by now used lots of colours from the range and I am very happy with it.
This particular colour is fantastic, especially when used with dark wax. I like how it makes the colour pop. I don’t like the finishing wax from this range and use clear & dark waxes from another brand and it doesn’t affect the durability or quality of the finish at all. I also successfully mixed two colours from this range to get the colour I like.
I wish there were more bright colours available in the range, there are a lot of neutrals and lighter colours and not many vivid blues or greens. I would love a cobalt blue or a peacock green or a neon pink and bright purple.
This paint is fabulous
Branflakes18 - 3 months ago
I bought this paint to up cycle a piece of furniture and wow I love it..
jodottee - 10 months ago
Bought this to upcycle a piece of wooden furniture, it’s a good consistency and looks amazing, I even managed to make a hideous piece of old melamine furniture look quite nice with it! Highly recommended
Love this paint
Olivia 11 - 1 year ago
I bought this paint to up cycle a chest of drawers and it came out so beautiful that I used it again on a sideboard also wow.... the colour is amazing milltown will definitely be using B&Q paint on my up cycle projects.