See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
GoodHome Milltown Flat matt Furniture paint, 500ml
GoodHome flat matt furniture paint will give you a velvety smooth, chalky finish perfect for transforming your interior furniture to suit your taste.
- Suitable for Furniture
- Prepare wood by removing wax, oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
- This paint is also safe for use on toys
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Great coverage and lovely colour
Jan333 - 3 months ago
Bought for upcycling project. Only did a light sand of the wood to remove old varnish. This paint was perfect two light coats and I got the result I wanted.
Nice colour but feeling robbed - big tin not full
Undermanager - 4 months ago
Opened the can. Nowhere near 500ml. Not willing to return during lockdown. Poor.
Nice colour but 3/4s full
Yatson - 4 months ago
I love this colour, its really stunning and it rolls on furniture nicely but to only get 3/4's of a tin.. I wouldn't be rushing to buy another
Lovely colour, great for upcycling
Anonymous - 7 months ago
Really happy with the colour and the finish. We painted our ancient kitchen cupboards as a temporary fix until we get a new kitchen and I’m very happy with the results. It goes on so we’ll and dries really quickly with no odour.
Machu001 - 9 months ago
Extremely happy with this colour in particular. Have also used some of the greys in the Good Home range and very impressed. I make furniture from MDF and/or ply. Both MDF and ply (sanded) take only a single coat!
Like other reviewers I have successfully mixed white from this range to make a lighter colour which also worked brilliantly with just a single coat on new previously unpainted MDF and ply without any primer or uncoat.