See more Wood varnish
Ronseal Diamond Hard Floor Varnish Walnut Satin Wood Floor Varnish, 2.5L
Sold & shipped by B&Q
This walnut floor varnish from the Ronseal Diamond range can be applied to interior using a brush. The varnish dries in just 30 minutes and will cover up to 18 m² per litre on average.
- Gives floors Diamond Hard protection from shoes, scratches and spills, while highlighting the natural beauty of the wood.
- Surface Preparation - Make sure the room is warmer than 10 degrees, remove your furniture and open the doors and windows. Wear a mask when sanding the floors to avoid inhaling dust. How to prepare unvarnished floors: Prepping before varnishing will help the varnish stick evenly and give you better results. Sand along the length of your floorboards with 120 grit sandpaper. (Helpful hint: It’s quicker and easier to use a floor sander). Let the dust settle and run the vacuum around before wiping the floor down with white spirit. If you spot any holes or imperfections, use our Multi-purpose Wood Filler to fill them in. How to prepare varnished floors: Lightly sand your floor with 120 grit sandpaper. If your old varnish is flaking off, use a floor sander to sand back to the bare wood. Let the dust settle, vacuum it up and then wipe down your floor with white spirit.
- Instructions for Use - Give the varnish a really good stir and test the colour on a small patch to make sure you’re happy with it. Use a 4” brush and start in the corner furthest from the door. Work along the length of two floorboards at a time, just make sure you don’t get trapped in the corner! Wait two hours for the first coat to dry before applying another. For the best protection, you’ll need three coats. Before you start the third coat, very lightly sand along the length of your floorboards with 240 grit sandpaper. You won’t need a floor sander for this bit. Wipe the floor down with a damp cloth and then apply the third coat. Your floor will be ready to walk on in only two hours. Wait 24 hours before bringing your furniture back in. After 72 hours your floor will be diamond hard.
Features and benefits
- Non-yellowing so you won't need to reapply as often
- Quick drying in just 30 minutes
- Ensures your wooden floors are protected and stay looking great
- Low odour so it's more pleasant to use
- Want a floor varnish that lasts? Look no further. With Diamond Hard protection, this floor varnish from Ronseal will keep your wooden floors protected and looking great for longer. It'll protect your floors from knocks, scuffs, spills and heels, so it's ready for whatever daily life throws at it.
- Suitable for unvarnished and previously varnished floors
- Covers up to 18m2
- Contains 1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one and reaction mass of 5-chloro-2-methyl-2Hisothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1). May produce an allergic reaction.
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.