See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
Rust-Oleum Anthracite Flat matt Furniture paint, 2.5L
Renovate and transform furniture with this chalky finish furniture paint. With a classic, smooth touch and flat matt finish, it brings a new lease of life to tired, worn-out objects. Finish with a layer of Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax or Rust-Oleum furniture lacquer for protection
- Suitable for Furniture
- Ensure surface is clean, free from grease and dust
- Stir the product thoroughly prior to use. It may be applied with a brush or roller. If applying with a brush, apply evenly following the grain of the wood. If rolling, use a short nap mohair roller. To create a distressed look, apply 2 coats in contrasting colours. Allow to dry and then lightly abrade with moistened sand paper or a stainless steel scouring pad. Subsequently abrade with the grain of the wood. Protect the paint effect with Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Virtually odourless
- It is highly concentrated and offers exceptional coverage in one coat
- Works great over old paint and varnish
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||4-6 h|
|Recoat time||4-6 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
Anthracite colour is lighter than expected
busy jj - 4 months ago
The colour is not as shown - it is light/mid grey, a pretty colour but not the dark grey shown on the tin and adverts. Painted cabinet hoping it would be OK but will probably have to buy a different make and start again.
Completely the wrong colour
Zac27 - 6 months ago
Anthracite is more of a dark grey
The colour this has dried is a very light blue grey
The product itself is really good but the colour is completely wrong.
Difficult to apply, colour name inacurate
Anonymous - 6 months ago
The colour Anthracite is not accurate, it is more of a mid-grey. The colour is nice, just shouldn't be called Anthracite.
The paint is fiendishly difficult to apply if you want a nice even finish. After many coats it is impossible to achieve a uniform finish without streak marks and lighter/darker patches. As I have done so many coats I did not get the advertised coverage from the tin.
The paint is not hard-wearing despite being described as furniture paint. I had to get some expensive clear matt finish varnish to complete the job.
First and last time I try Rustoleum, I will use a different brand next time.
This colour is not anthracite
Deano7365 - 9 months ago
Totally annoyed as the colour of this paint is more like a battleship grey, nowhere near dark enough to be anthracite. Beware.
Exactly what it says on the tin
emmaspyro - 1 year ago
Bought this to do a bit of up-cycling on some older furniture, does exactly what it says and looks great! Really happy with how easy it is to use and saves painting which I hate, looks slightly darker in photo but overall colour is very similar to advertised, maybe slightly darker.