See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
Rust-Oleum Silver effect Furniture paint, 125ml
This classic opulent metallic finish is perfect for all types of furniture. Use Rust-Oleum metallic finish furniture paint as a base coat under chalky finish furniture paint and lightly distress the topcoat to reveal metallic areas beneath. Can also be used as a decorative topcoat or to pick out mouldings and other design features
- Suitable for Furniture
- Does not require any priming or sanding on most surfaces, simply ensure the surfaces are smooth, dry and free from contaminants. For best results, remove any wax or oil from the surface, if wax is used then clean the surface thoroughly with white spirit. It is recommended that bare wood should be sanded before painting.
- Stir the product thoroughly prior to use. It may be applied with a brush or roller. If applying with a brush, apply evenly following the grain of the wood. If rolling, use a short nap mohair roller. To create a distressed look, apply 2 coats in contrasting colours. Allow to dry and then lightly abrade with moistened sand paper or a stainless steel scouring pad. Subsequently abrade with the grain of the wood. Protect the paint effect with Rust-Oleum furniture finishing wax.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Can be used as a base coat under chalky finish furniture paint or as a decorative topcoat
- It is highly concentrated and offers exceptional coverage in one coat
- Works great over old paint and varnish
- Can be used as a basecoat or decorative topcoat
- Use as a basecoat under Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint and lightly distress to reveal the metallic paint beneath
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||4 h|
|Recoat time||4-6 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
Bliff - 1 month ago
I really like this stuff and although small tin it does last for ages
Chilliwitch - 1 year ago
I love this stuff!My bedroom furniture is nearly 20 years old,still perfectly functional but looked a bit tatty.This stuff has completely transformed it.It was a bit tricky to use as you have to brush it the same way on the final coat to minimise brush marks, it took 3 coats to get good coverage.New hinges and handles and a final coat of finishing wax and I have a new bedroom set for under £75!2 tins covered x2 wardrobes x 2 bedside cabinets and x1 chest of drawers.
Just what I needed
Moanyman - 3 years ago
Bought this paint and it did the job just as it said
AJH2601 - 3 years ago
Bought this about a month ago to modernise my daughter’s white furniture. It covered well, although needed 3 coats in total for a great finish but v v happy with the final result. Would recommend.
dianneh - 3 years ago
I bought this paint to bling up a large mirror and it was very easy to use , 1st coat dried quickly but needed a second coat for a lovely finish.