Join B&Q Club today for 10% off thousands of products! Already a member? Don't forget to enter your Club card number at checkout. Hurry, ends Monday!
See more Glues & adhesives
STORMSURE FLEXIBLE REPAIR ADHESIVE 3 X 5G CLEAR
Sold & shipped by Stormsure Limited
How to Repair with Polyurethane Adhesive Stormsure glue is a polyurethane based adhesive and is used in situations that demand extremely high durability. The degree of elasticity offered allows for use for static as well as for more tactile bonding purposes. These adhesive types are formulated from polymers and commonly have a variety of other types of additives in them too. The Science In the case of polyurethane adhesive – this means that the liquid glue will become rigid when exposed to air at room temperature. When polyurethane adhesive sets, it absorbs the energy in heat to power a chemical reaction and create a very high strength bond. Polyurethane adhesives commonly find usage as a dual-component adhesive, but it can be found in single-component varieties as well. Either relies on the reactivity of several chemical agents for the adhesive properties, which can often make use of a catalyst like moisture, light, or heat in the process. The adhesive often occurs in a rather thick paste and does not shrink once applied. What is it used for? Stormsure adhesive is incredibly versatile, making it a good choice for those needing an all-purpose adhesive that is flexible and durable. Stormsure can be used to bond leather, tile, rubber, wood, concrete, stone, metals, laminate, plastic, glass, PU, polystyrene on themselves or in combination. It can also be used to glue models, joinery, door sills, stairs, skirting boards, window sills. Other Characteristics It also offers complete water resistance and allows sanding and painting when it has dried completely. Polyurethane glue can also fill and even out inconsistencies in the surface you use it on. Characteristics like these, and numerous others, make this type of adhesive an essential tool that is well suited for a wide range of bonding applications.
- Guarantee - 1 year
- Store partly-used tubes in a freezer. Warm up to room temperature before use again.
- Surfaces to be bonded must be free of dirt (dust, grease, etc.) as much as possible. Apply glue to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Assemble immediately. Press strongly and immobilize for at least 10-12 hours.
Features and benefits
- Bonds to virtually all surfaces. It allows bonding wood, concrete, stone, metals, laminate, plastic, glass, PU, polystyrene on themselves or in combination. It can also be used to glue models, joinery, door sills, stairs, skirting boards, window sills.
- Stormsure is a black polyurethane-based (PU) adhesive that has been specifically developed to provide strong and reliable bonding to a wide range of materials
- Stormsure is a one-part polyurethane adhesive that reacts with moisture to polymerize and cure which provides very strong and waterproof bonding.
- The glue is black to match objects you need to join. It is used for repairs and constructions where a very high connection strength is required and can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Complete curing time: 10-12 hours. Resistent to temperatures from -30°C to +80°C.
- How to use: Surfaces to be bonded must be free of dirt (dust, grease, etc.) as much as possible. Apply glue to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Assemble immediately. Press strongly and immobilize for at least 10-12 hours.
- TIPS: Store partly-used tubes in a freezer. Warm up to room temperature before use again.
|Drying time||10-12 h|
|Location||Interior & exterior|