See more Multi-Purpose Compost
Verve Peat free multipurpose compost 50L
Our bulk delivery service requires a minimum order value of £100 across any combination of bulk delivered products. You can change the quantity in the basket.
This peat free multipurpose compost is suitable use all around the garden, including pots, containers, hanging baskets, window boxes, beds and borders.
- To get more from your bag, loosen up compacted compost before use. For more tips on caring for your plants, check out our handy step-by-step guides and get the most out of your compost
Features and Benefits
- A great all-rounder, this compost is a blend of quality ingredients, and balanced fertiliser to encourage healthy growth
- This hearty mix won’t suit acid-loving plants such as Rhododendrons, Heathers, Azaleas, Japanese Acers, and Camellias. For these picky plants, choose Verve ericaceous compost instead
- Feeds plants for up to 6 weeks
- Designed to give plants & seeds a great start when first sowed
- Verve’s peat free multipurpose compost has all the ingredients to let your flowers and vegetables, flourish and grow - for up to 6 weeks
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use. Keep packaging away from babies or children to avoid danger of suffocation. Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust. Ensure you can handle this product without difficulty if you are prone to allergies
Health and Safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Really good stuff
Anonymous - 3 months ago
So I've been using this compost for quite sometime now and I have to say - it works pretty well and its pretty useful in UK weather. Its a little coarse which gives it pretty good drainage.
I've been using it for my ferns by adding a bit of home grown compost and vermiculite to it and its fine.
I'm also using it for acid loving plants like blueberries and heather - I've added coffee grounds and sulphur to the mix and it works quite well.
Dissatisfied of Kingsbury - 4 months ago
I bought a bag of this "multipurpose" compost, but when I opened it and tried to use it in my garden I found that it was "not fit for purpose" because of so many bits of hard wood in the mixture. I won't be buying it again, and if you take my advice, you won't buy it either.
Wise old trowel - 7 months ago
Having gardened for more than 40 years I have occasionally come across some poor composts but this just has to be the worst ever.
It is certainly peat free but there are also some unwanted additions such as uncomposted tree bark, large twigs, lumps of wood, slivers of glass, large pebbles, pieces of tin foil, plastic chips and other unrecognisable bits and bobs.
I could not recommend it for seedlings or pot plants but it might just be suitable as an expensive soil conditioner as that is the only use I found for it.
Being labelled as 'multi-purpose' is nonsense.
Thank goodness I only purchased one 50 litre bag to try.
jambo lad - 8 months ago
ok you get what you pay for lots of twigs and bits of wood stones and a couple of bits of paper in bag. unfortunately still have another 2 bags in shed
Eco gardener - 8 months ago
I wanted eco friendly compost without peat, but this compost which states on the bag that it "makes gardening easy, accessible .....". Far from it. The compost is not fully decomposed with bits of twigs, stone and plastic and is therefore very coarse. Far from being easy, I have had to sieve it to find something decent to pot my plants
Customers who bought this also browsed
Verve Coloured woodchips 100L
This coloured woodchips is suitable all around the garden to brighten up untidy beds and borders. Verve's chipped bark locks in vital moisture and keeps weeds at bay, creating the perfect backdrop for happy healthy plants Can be used all year round Barks and mulches help to protect plant roots ...
Verve Garden lime 3L
This garden lime is suitable for breaking down heavy clay soils to improve drainage and promote strong root growth. Suggested use period - Can be used throughout the year but is best applied in the late autumn or winter on moist, frost free soil Chemical care - Calcium carbonate
Verve Horse manure soil improver 50L (W)19.45kg
This horse manure soil improver is suitable mixing in with to any type of soil to improve its structure and nutrient content. Improves moisture retention: regular applications to sticky clay, light or sandy soils will build the humus and organic content of the soil Use all year round
Verve Kitchen garden Lettuce Seed tape
Comes with 240 'lettuce cut and come again' seeds evenly distanced apart Planting Season: March to July - Harvest between June to September Ideal for sunny areas