See more Paint
Zinsser Watertite White Matt Interior & exterior Waterproofing paint, 5L
Sold & shipped by B&Q
WaterTite® Waterproofing Paint is guaranteed to keep water out and contains a biocide that protects the dried coating against fungal degradation, making this a great solution for surfaces where this can be problematic. It can easily be applied to wet or dry surfaces, creating a smooth, non-gritty finish. Made with a unique solvent-based formula that combines a state-of-the-art waterproofing resin with Portland cement to create a coating that stops up to 34psi of water pressure. WaterTite® Waterproofing Paint can be applied to dry, damp or wet surfaces, so water problems can be cured immediately. It can be recoated in just four hours and dries to a smooth, bright white, non-yellowing finish that resists dirt and dust pick-up.
- Guarantee - Statutory
- Suitable for use on Cement, plaster & stone
- Surface Preparation - New or unpainted masonry: Surface must be clean, sound and free of any surface contaminants such as dirt, grease, oils, soap, mould & mildew, unsound materials or any other contaminants that will affect performance. New masonry must be allowed to cure for 30 days prior to applying WaterTite®. Salting or efflorescence- a white powdery deposit often found on walls- must be removed. Rinse the surface thoroughly after application. Remove all existing mould and mildew. Previously painted surfaces: WaterTite® can be applied applied over previously painted, non-glossy surfaces. For best results remove as much of the old coating as possible. Exterior surfaces should be power washed, or sand blasted to remove all loose and scaling paint and cement. Clean surfaces with an efflorescence remover or brick cleaner. Holes and cracks, especially active water leaks, must be sealed before application.
- Instructions for Use - To ensure against accumulation of solvent vapours, be sure to open all windows and doors. Walls can be damp, but must be free of active water leaks. Stir thoroughly before and during application. DO NOT THIN. Apply when air and surface temperatures are 10°C or higher. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected within 24 hours. Liberally apply the first coat using a thick bristle brush, or by rolling a small section and then using a brush to work the coating into the pores of the masonry. Apply as much paint as necessary to produce a continuous, pinhole free film. The second coat can be brushed or rolled. WaterTite® is a two coat system. After the second coat has dried, inspect the surface for pin holes, where pin holes are noted apply additional paint as necessary.
Features and benefits
- Guaranteed to stop up to 34psi of water pressure
- Prevents fungal and algal degradation on the paint film
- Smooth, non-gritty finish applies easily to wet or dry walls
- Adheres to any interior or exterior masonry surface
- Ultra low odour formula
- Formulated to prevent recurring efflorescence on concrete and brickwork
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||14 days|
|Location||Interior & exterior|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||4 hours|
|Room use||Cellar & basement|