Calor gas bottles
Looking to power a gas barbecue or gas-powered patio heater?
B&Q is a registered outlet of Calor Butane and Propane gas in sizes perfect for this job. We don't sell gas bottles online, but they are available in most B&Q stores*.
5kg Calor patio gasBest suited to table-top patio heaters and up to a 3 burner gas BBQ with a side burner, and will power up to 14 barbecues**. Built-in Gas Trac indicator which lets you know when it’s time for a refill.
13kg Calor patio gasBest suited to 4 burner gas barbecues or larger, full size patio heaters and flame towers***. If you don’t need a bottle this size any longer, swap your empty 13kg Calor patio gas bottle for a 5kg Calor patio gas bottle for no additional charge.
5kg Calor patio gas
13kg Calor patio gas
- Please check the device you wish to use for gas requirements
- Patio gas bottles require 27mm clip on regulators. Butane gas bottles require 21mm clip on regulators. Regulators are not included with the gas bottles. Full Terms & Conditions can be obtained from participating stores*
- Find step-by step-guides to purchasing or replacing your Calor gas bottle in store below
Replacing your empty Calor gas bottle?
Step 1Bring your empty bottle to your local store and let the queue marshall know that you wish to exchange your empty Calor gas bottle for a full one.
Step 2Put your empty Calor gas bottle in a suitable trolley and go straight to the checkout area.
Step 3A store colleague will meet you at the checkouts with a full bottle, and, while adhering to social distancing guidelines, will exchange it for your empty one.
Step 4Pay at the checkout and leave the store immediately to put the full bottle in your car. If you wish to do more shopping, return to the queue marshall who will give you priority access back into the store.
Buying a gas BBQ and a Calor gas bottle?
Step 1Go to your local store and queue as normal. Once inside, choose your BBQ. If you wish to buy a Calor gas bottle with your new BBQ, please find a store colleague and let them know. You will then be directed to the desk at the front of the store.
Step 2While adhering to social distancing guidelines, a store colleague will help you to complete your new online customer Calor gas agreement. They will put your paperwork in your trolley and will have a bottle ready for you at the checkout area.
Step 3Pay as usual and you'll be asked to leave the store immediately to take the bottle to your car.
Step 4If you wish to do more shopping, return to the queue marshall who will give you priority back into the store.
Calor gas exchange policy
- Cylinders may only be exchanged for a cylinder in the same group. The three groups are Patio gas, Butane gas 7kg & Butane gas 15kg
- If a customer wants to exchange for a cylinder outside the group they must take out a new cylinder refill agreement and pay £39.99 for a new cylinder
- The customer does not need to produce any paperwork if they are exchanging a Calor owned cylinder
- Should a customer no longer require the use of their Calor cylinder they must contact Calor on 0800 662 663 to obtain a partial refund
*Calor Gas is stocked in all UK Mainland stores except New Malden and Holloway Road. Subject to availability. Not available in Isle of Man.
**Based on a 3 burner barbecue with side burner burning at full power (10kw or 0.72kg/h) using a 5kg patio gas cylinder for 30 minutes each time. The number of barbecues depends on the length of time barbecuing and the number of burners used each time.