See more Shower Doors
Cooke & Lewis Luxuriant Shower door with Hinged door (W)900mm
Bring hotel luxury to your bathroom with this shower door from Cooke & Lewis' Luxuriant range. The sophisticated hinged door and slim design is great for small bathroom designs, while the sleek silver effect frame and beautiful clear glass provides the perfect finishing touch.
- This shower door has reversible fittings. Fixings supplied
- Shower tray not included - Shower tray and waste available separately
- Can be adjusted to fit 900mm wide square ultra low profile shower trays
- 5 year manufacturer guarantee
Features and benefits
Cooke & Lewis' Luxuriant and Grandeur range of shower enclosures are their most elegant and stylish yet. Moving away from older styled and bulky enclosures, these have been designed with a frameless look and the hinges constructed to stay flush against the glass. Creating a sleek and smooth appearance that will make a stunning feature in your bathroom.
- All our Luxuriant shower enclosures are constructed from 8mm toughened safety glass. 8mm is the thickest glass that Cooke & Lewis have to offer and provides outstanding strength and durability.
- When installing shower enclosures, whether it be a new feature to your bathroom or a simple replacement, we recommend checking your plumbing and tiling for any cracks or leaks. A professional can help make sure your bathroom is water tight and protect your walls and floors from water damage.
- We've applied a special easy clean coating to the glass so that you can spend more time enjoying your shower and less time cleaning it.
|Frame construction material||Aluminium|
|Glazing type||Toughened safety glass|
|Uneven wall adjustment||10mm|
|Hinge||Chrome plated zinc alloy hinges|
Love the door...BUT
BigFatCol - 3 years ago
I absolutely love the door, it looks stunning. However, be aware of a couple of gotchas.
The other reviews are right about the difficulty of fitting, it's not that easy and a bit fiddly in places. However, our problems came after the fitting was almost complete.
If (like me) you're buying this because you have a 900mm tray and this product claims to be a 900mm door then don't. This door is NOT a 900mm door, the size range is documented within the instructions as 870-888mm. This is more than a bit awkward when the gap you're trying to fit it into is 890mm like mine and you've just assumed that "900mm" is 900mm.
I am currently in discussion with B&Q (the retailer) and PJH (the supplier) to try and identify a solution. All that PJH keep saying is that I'll invalidate my warranty if I change anything - which is all well and good, but the shower will eventually come through the ceiling if I don't and I'm not sure a warranty is going to cover that. B&Q are doing their best, but they don't actually supply the door so they are working blind.
All in all, if your gap is between 870mm and 888mm then yes - go for it. However, if your tray is a standard size then beware.
Looks great but difficult to fit
Anonymous - 4 years ago
I bought this 2 months ago and our plumber said it was one of the worst doors he'd ever fit, but once it was done it looked perfect and still is.
I like the way the door opens into a small ensuite without hitting anything, due to the position of the hinge. The glass door and panel create space in a small cubicle.
Always looks clean and very happy with the product overall.
mevers99 - 4 years ago
I bought this door as it was the only one I could find of this particular width. And bought it blind online without ever seeing one. So I didn't know what to expect.
What arrived was not quite what I was expecting in a few respects.
1. It is a much higher quality than I had imagined for the price. And it now looks very good indeed, and works well.
2. It is really very heavy. The glass is thick. 38kgs parcel weight. So getting it upstairs and installing it is a real fight for one (older) person like myself. I'd really suggest that you have a helper at hand - particularly when it comes to hanging the door on its hinges - quite a game - you need strong and LONG arms!
3. There are far more parts than you would expect, and it took me a lot longer to install than any shower door has in the past. I reckon I spent about 4 hours altogether on it.
Hope you are good with Jigsaws!
Captain DIY - 4 years ago
I recently bought this product and the quality seems very good - however, there are many many parts and the instructions are more like a mental agility game. The diagrams whilst correct aren't very clear...but as a reasonably practical DIY of many a season I did manage to work my way through them. Finished result looks very good - Even if I do say so myself!