See more Fire Maintenance & Fuel
Ecoal Smokeless solid fuel 10kg Pack
Our stores do not stock this product
- Long lasting
- Suitable for - Smoke Control Zones
- Natural aroma
- Low ash content
- 1 year Guarantee
- Smokeless fuel
Features and benefits
- Ecoal50 is a revolutionary smokeless coal which is produced from 50% renewable materials and a blend of naturally smokeless mineral fuels.
- Burns 38% hotter than house coal and last significantly longer
- Emits up to 40% less Carbon Dioxide than house coal and is considered CO2 neutral as a renewable energy source
- Low ash content
- Emits 80% less smoke than house coal so can be used in all parts of the UK including smokeless zones
- Less fuel used to achieve same heat output means less re-fueling
- Recommended for getting your fire off to a roaring start
- Please note that as of August 2018 we’ve reviewed how we store our logs and firewood and have moved our range inside the store
|Unit of measure||Pack|
|Amount Recycled Materials||50%|
Stored outside ( November 2019)
teeceeee - 8 months ago
picked some up, but was in outdoor, open storage and when got home was soaking wet and unusable.. despite website claiming that since august 2018 it would be stored inside.
it might be great if dry, but make sure yours hasnt been stored outside, despite their claims.
Really good product
Russthomas02 - 10 months ago
Lights and burns well , easy to use and plenty of heat especially if you know how to make a fire properly ( which many people don’t). Can easily get a fire going for 8-10 hours with this coal. The ash left is very easy to clean away using my bagless vacuum as it’s light and powdery. Only downside is the price that b and q charge for their coal compared to supermarkets etc
Colibar - 11 months ago
I recently purchased a chimney and the coals were just the ideal item to burn. I found the best way to get my e-coals burning was to place a ready to light and use bbq bag of coals in the bag underneath the e-coal bag and light, it gave a great start to my chimney coal and lasted all evening
Not worth the money
Ray12rrrrrrrrr - 2 years ago
Rubbish. Waste of money. Piles of ash and not much heat. I’ll not buy any more. Strong smell of house coal which is not normal for a smokeless fuel
What's the "renewable" part?
Anonymous - 2 years ago
I wondered what the 50% "renewable" part was, being of a suspicious mind (renewable rainforest, perhaps?) Nobody at B&Q knew so I contacted the manufacturers. It is ... olive stones from the food industry! So that's a great use of something that otherwise would go to waste.