See more Floor Paint & Treatments
GoodHome Durable Canby Matt Floor & stair paint, 750ml
GoodHome floor and stair paint is an ultra durable and washable solution. It can be used on wood, laminate or tiled flooring.
- 12m² coverage
- To prepare floor tiles, remove mould with a mould cleaner. Prepare wood by removing wax, oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Wash the surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any loose particles are removed. Remove any silicone sealant before painting. You can re-seal after applying the paint.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- The formulation is designed to be ultra durable so it can survive the every day heavy footfall on your floors and stairs.
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Product type||Floor & stair paint|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Room use||Any room|
|Suitable for||Ceramic, laminate, stone & wood|
|Suitable surface||Floors & stairs|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Kittelsen 63 - 1 year ago
I was given a tin of this floor paint and had to buy a second tin to finish project. I would not have chosen to buy it due to packaging. The paint comes in a standard tin (small, so most rooms would need 2 tins). At the bottom of the tin is a second smaller tin containing an additive. Smaller tin is attached with a very strong band of plastic, difficult to remove. I was shocked to find the smaller tin contained just a small plastic pack of additive (same size as a takeaway ketchup pack). No way does this small additive require a whole second tin! What a waste of metal, plastic, space and time, very awkward and fiddly to use. I have in the past used a different brand of floor paint (Ronseal), comes in a standard (large) tin, no fiddly overpackaged additives, dries quickly (6 hours rather than 12 for GoodHome), hardwearing. Once opened and mixed, the paint seems fine, covers well and no bad smell, easy to wash brush in water. However I have given 1 star as I feel in this time of increased awareness of the environmental impact of product packaging B & Q has made a bad mistake with this product.