See more Wall & Ceiling Paint
GoodHome Feature wall Laguna beach Metallic effect Emulsion paint, 2L
GoodHome metallic feature wall paint is perfect for creating a striking statement wall in your home
- Preparation is key to ensure the best finish for metallic paints. New plaster or plasterboard should be sealed with a plaster sealer. For non-powdery surfaces or to cover contrasting colours, prepare with a walls and ceilings primer. Painted surfaces should be sanded, clean and dry. Fill any holes or defects with filler. When sanding, wear a face mask to avoid dust inhalation.
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Apply when the temperature is between 10°C and 30°C. Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, use a roller or mini roller and apply in a criss-cross pattern. Apply 2 coats leaving 4 hours in between coats.
Features and benefits
- Creates an eye-catching metallic effect on your walls
- This paint is water based meaning it is low odour and brushes can easily be cleaned in water
- Ensures good hiding power, depending on your selected colour and the surface you are painting
- We recommend applying a primer before colour top coat
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||8-12 h|
|Instructions for storage||Store any leftover paint between 5 and 30°C. Best used within 1 year of opening.|
|Maximum application temperature||30°C|
|Minimum application temperature||10°C|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||4 hours|
|Room use||Any room|
Comes out way darker
Ashley79 - 27 days ago
I bought this today to do on a feature wall. I had some other options to look at but when I see this online it was exactly what I wanted nice metallic and blue colour. Picked it up not a bad price. got home. Opened up and this is probably important. they say to mix the paint. Normally I give it a shake and a swirl in the tin/tub and it will do. but as this is metallic I thought I would give it a proper stir. Glad I did as there will be loads of residue/metalic stuff at the bottom so advice is to stir this and stir it well. You will feel when it is OK to start to paint. Colour starts off dark then you stir and it goes lighter. Once it is applied though it reverts back to the darker colour which is nice don't get me wrong just not the colour I had hoped for. If you want a lighter colour then this isn't right for you even though the picture suggest it is. Hope that helps. Good colour though and love the metalic.
Wanted to love it!
Hc78 - 1 month ago
The single most frustrating paint ever bought. We have used 2 pots on a wall that’s just over 4 square metres and it’s still looking awful. Basically, you can’t cut it and then roll the walls as it looks patchy and streaky - clearly you can’t roller up to wall meeting wall
and ceiling meeting ceiling. I regret using this paint now and our newly decorated room is disappointing.
Amazing paint - looks awesome
Impatience - 3 months ago
So, it was a gamble taking this paint on as the reviews were a bit scary. I'm an amateur and worse than that an impatient amateur. However - I found that when I followed the instructions i.e. apply in a criss cross pattern - I found a brush worked best for me although the professionals and the instructions do say use a roller. For me the criss cross is very noticeable and my husband commented that it gave it a 'tartan' appearance. This stuff if thick and sticky - you have to be prepared to take a gamble..... but in a bright room with a bit of a fantasy style - it really looks great. Be brave, be prepared to start again or paint over the top - but I reckon give it a go......
Gutted - As lovely colour.
Anonymous - 3 months ago
Opened and needed a VERY good stir as inch think at the bottom. Once all stirred, looks great in the pot. application on a flat wall with nice think coats. Was patchy when went on but followed instructions to the letter, so was expecting it to look perfect when dried...it didn’t and after 3 coats on a wall 3 x 2.5 Mtrs, finally gave up and now going back to store to get another paint after reading these reviews. Shame as was excited.
Love the colour after a few coats it's even
766t1o - 4 months ago
Lovley if done properly love it for my sons bedroom