See more Wall & ceiling paint
GoodHome Feature wall Laguna beach Metallic effect Emulsion paint 2L
GoodHome metallic feature wall paint is perfect for creating a striking statement wall in your home
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Preparation is key to ensure the best finish for metallic paints. New plaster or plasterboard should be sealed with a plaster sealer. For non-powdery surfaces or to cover contrasting colours, prepare with a walls and ceilings primer. Painted surfaces should be sanded, clean and dry. Fill any holes or defects with filler. When sanding, wear a face mask to avoid dust inhalation
- Suitable for Ceilings & walls
- Apply when the temperature is between 10°C and 30°C. Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, use a roller or mini roller and apply in a criss-cross pattern. Apply 2 coats leaving 4 hours in between coats.
Features and benefits
- Creates an eye-catching metallic effect on your walls
- This paint is water based meaning it is low odour and brushes can easily be cleaned in water
- Ensures good hiding power, depending on your selected colour and the surface you are painting
- We recommend applying a primer before colour top coat
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||8-12 h|
|Instructions for storage||Store any leftover paint between 5 and 30°C. Best used within 1 year of opening.|
|Maximum application temperature||30°C|
|Minimum application temperature||10°C|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||4 hours|
Ashdiyer - 29 days ago
I had high hopes for this paint, despite the not so great reviews.
Not only did it turn out horrible and patchy, it’s not even the right colour? It’s just a shiny navy that shows up every imperfection on the wall.
Lisa1983x - 1 month ago
Bought this paint for a feature wall and it's perfect. Easy to apply - I'm a DIY novice and was able to apply it with my 7 year old stepson! A few points to note:
Don't skimp on the mixing. I used a wooden spoon for about 5 mins and then an electric whisk for a few minutes. You also need to stir the tin periodically.
Brush strokes will be visible - if you want a smooth effect you'll need a mini roller for the edges. I decided to embrace the brush strokes and went for an artistic textured finish; I did the first two coats with a roller and then the final coat with a brush.
Any blemishes on the wall will be highlighted with this paint! Allow it to dry fully between coats (4+ hours).
Geordiepainter - 4 months ago
If I could give 0 stars I would!
If your after a streaky, uneven and shiny (not metallic) finish then this is most definitely the paint for you!
Followed the instructions to the letter but even after 3 pain staking coats the finish was still horrendous.
Lots of reviews say how great this paint is but trust me if your a joe public DIY enthusiast just looking to get your room painted steer well clear of Laguna Beach.
I ended up buying Sapphire Salute by Dulux and slapping that over this stuff and thankfully gave me at least an even finish!
Sorry B&Q but this stuff tries to be clever but fails on every level. NIL POINTS!
bluelover - 6 months ago
Beautiful paint, such good coverage. Only note of you don't stir it well it will be patchy and horrible, gave it a good 5min stir all round the sides and the base a d it looks fab after 2 coats.
Comes out way darker
Ashley79 - 7 months ago
I bought this today to do on a feature wall. I had some other options to look at but when I see this online it was exactly what I wanted nice metallic and blue colour. Picked it up not a bad price. got home. Opened up and this is probably important. they say to mix the paint. Normally I give it a shake and a swirl in the tin/tub and it will do. but as this is metallic I thought I would give it a proper stir. Glad I did as there will be loads of residue/metalic stuff at the bottom so advice is to stir this and stir it well. You will feel when it is OK to start to paint. Colour starts off dark then you stir and it goes lighter. Once it is applied though it reverts back to the darker colour which is nice don't get me wrong just not the colour I had hoped for. If you want a lighter colour then this isn't right for you even though the picture suggest it is. Hope that helps. Good colour though and love the metalic.