See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
GoodHome Meriden Satin Furniture paint, 500ml
3 for 2 on indoor paint. Discount applied at checkout.
GoodHome satin finish paint will give you a silky smooth, mid sheen feel to transform your interior furniture. This paint is also safe for use on toys
- Suitable for Furniture
- Prepare wood by removing wax, oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Alisharvn90 - 6 months ago
I painted my kitchen units with this paint. Because it is a very oily paint and due to the colour it needs to be constantly mixed otherwise you end up with very uneven colouring. I have done 3 coats and still have random patches where they look lighter or darker. Also as it is an oily paint it runs very easily. However, the color is lovely once it's even and once left to fully cure it does seem like it is pretty scratch proof although only time will tell. I have had to do 3 coats to get an even colouring though. *Note - definitely leave to fully cure before using the furniture as otherwise it does scratch and chip very easily in the first few days
Julie09 - 8 months ago
I would never use this again on my kitchen doors. The paint is like chewing gum when applying and the can is only three quarters full
Awful and ripped off
Liarni - 10 months ago
Horrible paint brought 2 days ago for my spindle stair case it drys darker than the tin says when dry it’s chalkie when it says satin also marks so easy also when I opened it there was only just over half a tin photo added will be taking it back tomorrow and complaining
Lovely finish, excellent value paint
Carmen76 - 11 months ago
Brought this last month to repaint a bedside cabinet. Was slightly anxious after reading some reviews on how good the finish was going to be. I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of the paint, easy to use, quick drying and beautiful finish. I am now looking to get another colour for my hallway cabinet. Would definitely recommend.
jv1986 - 11 months ago
After reading the reviews I was concerned I would have an issue but actually it’s a lovely paint! It states on the tin to leave the paint to cure for 10 days and that is 100% needed. Don’t put any items on it or rush it before the 10 days because it will chip off. Once the 10 days has passed it’s a brilliant paint! I painted my coffee table, tv unit and sideboard and it looks like I have new furniture. It’s worth the 10 day curing time definetly!