See more Wood furniture paint & treatments
GoodHome Queens Flat matt Furniture paint, 500ml
GoodHome flat matt furniture paint will give you a velvety smooth, chalky finish perfect for transforming your interior furniture to suit your taste.
- Suitable for Furniture
- Prepare wood by removing wax, oil and seal knots on untreated wood. Fill any holes or defects with a wood filler. Lightly sand melamine surfaces with 180 grit sandpaper for the best adhesion. Wash your surface with a soda based cleaner and then rinse thoroughly, it should be clean and dry before painting. Ensure any flaking paint is removed. The surfaces in your home may have been painted in the past with paint containing lead. Special care must be taken when sanding or stripping these surfaces
- Stir thoroughly before use. For best results, at least 2 coats are recommended using a brush or roller. To finish use GoodHome lacquer or wax to provide heavily used surfaces such as table tops and chair seats extra durable protection. Allow 10 days for paint to fully cure. During this time treat your new paintwork with extra care, gently wiping any spills or liquids from the paint immediately.
- Clean equipment in warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
- Self-priming meaning less preparation required, paint adheres well and application process is easier
- It is washable and durable, meaning your newly painted look will last for longer.
- It is resistant to water and household cleaners so you can wash away any marks or stains, making it really easy to maintain.
- This paint is also safe for use on toys
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Recoat time||12 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
Dawny 61 - 3 months ago
I painted my utility cupboards with this paint it goes on so easy .no priming so smooth. The 500ml tin goes a long way the cupboards have had two coats .it says it takes 10 days to cure I think that means to harden being carefully when opening doors in case I scratch them .wondering if I should put a wax on to protect the paint .other wise I love the finish .iv revamped my tired looking utility for next to nothing would recomend it
Not long lasting
Smith87 - 3 months ago
I painted 2 bedside tables with this 2 days ago. It chips so easily and looks a mess already. Don't bother.
Pondrew - 5 months ago
This stuff is fantastic and very good value for money.
Several reviewers have complained about the 0.5L tins not being full. This is because the tins are able to hold 750ml. You get 500ml and pay for 500ml.
Van Girl - 8 months ago
Obviously needs a good stir when first opened as most things do, I put on 2 coats and it looks great.
KathrynM - 11 months ago
The paint kept separating and left a streaky finish with 2 coats. Was for a wardrobe. Also the 2 tins I bought were only half full