See more Soil improvers
Gro Sure Vermiculite 10L
This bag of vermiculite is suitable for all applications - sowing seeds and potting on plants.
- Instructions for use - For sowing seeds - When sowing seeds always following the directions on the seed packet. Seeds of all sizes can be raised in just Gro-Sure Vermiculite. Alternatively seeds can be raised in a 50:50 mix of Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost and Gro-Sure Vermiculite. This is particularly beneficial for very small seeds. Sow seeds thinly and evenly, making sure they are not too deep in the compost. Cover seed trays with a thin layer of Gro-Sure Vermiculite and gently moisten. Avoid over-firming. Pricking out - When seedlings are large enough to handle, remove from seed trays with a dibber or pencil. Plant into Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost or a mixture of this compost with 25% to 30% of Gro-Sure Vermiculite. Space seedlings well apart to allow for strong growth. Water regularly to avoid compost from drying out until seedlings are ready to be potted on. Potting on - Use a mix of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost with 25% to 30% Gro-Sure Vermiculite. This creates a light and very open structure enabling compost to absorb and retain moisture for easier re-wetting. Before transplanting plants from pots to containers it is recommended to water the plant well and allow to drain. Remove plants from their pots and place into the container, firming compost around the plant roots. Once the container is fully planted, water well and feed as appropriate.
Features and benefits
Gro-Sure Vermiculite provides insulation for healthy seed germination
- Encourages germination and strong healthy seedling growth
- Helps retain moisture and nutrients
- Provides insulation for healthy seed germination
- Naturally occurring lightweight material
- Can be added to seed & cutting compost for additional benefits
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Suitable season||All year round|
Jessie8ruff - 3 months ago
Used for planting out seeding & young plants, improving quality of compost
Great for plants
Jack32 - 4 years ago
I brought this about a few weeks a go it is very good for planting seeds plants