See more Constructional insulation
Reflective Insulation roll, (L)10m (W)1.5m (T)30mm
- Guarantee - 10 years
Features and benefits
This multi-use insulation is ideal for replacing existing insulation or adding to new buildings that require insulation with a certified thermal performance. It can be used on roofs, walls, floors, in outbuildings and garages or in vans, mobile homes and caravans.
- Made from 2x reinforced thermo-reflective films, 7x thermo-reflective interlayer foils, 2x layers of wadding & 4x layers of foam
- Effective during both winter and summer by reducing heat loss in winter and preventing overheating in summer
- Can also be used as radiator reflecting foil or to insulate exposed pipework
- Lightweight to enable easy transportation and installation
- Can be cut to the required size using basic tools
- Comprised of 19x different layers of insulation
- Hypoallergenic & non-itch
- Fixings sold separately
B&Q need to help customers with better online spec
ArthursSeat - 6 months ago
Why don't B&Q just make it easy for people, especially when this costs over £100?
The most important information you need for this product, the R value, doesn't appear in the online specifications. In fact none of the insulation rolls except for the Diall Reflective Bubble insulation list any insulation effectiveness number, neither the R or the lambda, or the U.
You'd think this would be easy, given the R is written on the A4 sheet of paper sellotaped to the roll if you visit a big store. So I'm not going to list the number, as I don't know if the R number displayed is the core value alone (this means the insulation properties of the roll on its own) or the R value when they combine it in a typical use, like with or without a cavity gap, or with or without another piece of material such as plasterboard.
So time for B&Q to scan in and put a copy of the sheet onto this web specification (and all the other insulation rolls as well so people can see them) as the B&Q rolls are competing against the likes of the YBS ThermaQuilt (core R=0.77m²K/W) and YBS SuperQuilt (core R=1.52m²K/W).
Honestly B&Q, how do you expect anyone to buy this online if you don't provide adequate specifications?