See more Wood preservatives & treatments
Ronseal 10 Year Weatherproof Wood Paint Chestnut Gloss Exterior Wood paint, 750ml Tin
Sold & shipped by B&Q
A popular Ronseal exterior gloss wood paint that is a great choice to give your home a refresh. Chestnut is a unique shade of brown that will add a contemporary feel to your scheme. The paint can be applied on wood surfaces. Use this wood paint to create an effortlessly gloss finish with easy application and minimal cleanup. This 750ml size will cover up to 21 m² on average, so you can buy exactly what you need to complete your decorating job. You can use a brush to apply an even layer. It will dry quickly between coats meaning you can recoat it in 4 hours. Resistant to cracking, it's suitable for use in your outdoor space. Furthermore, our wood paint is water-based and has minimal VOCs, so it’s safe for you and your home.
- Protect and colour exterior wood
- Suitable for Wood
- Surface Preparation - How to prepare bare wood for painting: Use 120 grit sandpaper to lightly sand your wood for an even finish. Sand in the direction of the grain. Once the dust has settled, wipe the area with white spirit. Any holes or cracks can be filled in with wood filler. You should also stop knots showing through your new paint job with knot blocker. How to prepare previously painted wood: The type of sandpaper you need to use depends on the quality of your paint. If your old paint isn’t flaking and is still in a good condition, use 240 grit sandpaper and just lightly sand the surface. If the paint is cracked or flaking, use 120 grit sandpaper. Sand flaking paint back to the bare wood. This is easiest to do with an electric sander. Once the dust has settled, wipe it away with white spirit and a damp cloth. Fill any holes or cracks with wood filler and prevent knots from darkening with knot blocker.
- Instructions for Use - Paint on with a synthetic brush in the direction of the wood grain.
- Guarantee - 10 years
Features and benefits
- 10 year weather protection
- No primer required
- Weatherproof in just 1 hour
- Prevents cracking, peeling or blistering
- Drip resistant
- Use on smooth exterior wood including doors and windows
- Apply 2 or 3 coats for the best results
- Paints up to 12m2 per litre
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Drying time||1 h|
|Recoat time||4 hours|