See more Test Equipment & Detectors
Stanley Cordless Stud sensor
Our stores do not stock this product
This cordless stud sensor is specially designed for detection of wood and metal studs as well as live wiring.
Features and benefits
- Wood or Metal Studs Up to 3/4” (19 mm) AK23through drywall Live AC Wires (120 volts AC) Up to 2” (50 mm) through drywal
- LCD screen clearly displays all of the sensor's readings. LED light.
- Operating Temperature (-0°C to +49°C) Surface Temperature (-20°C to +66°C)
- Measuring accuracy: Wood ±1/8” (3 mm) / Metal ±1/4” (6 mm).
- OnePass centre-find technology locates stud centres. Marking channel improves accuracy of marking-out readings
|Indicator||Audio and visual|
|Minimum temperature range||0 °C|
|Maximum temperature range||49°C|
seba22 - 2 years ago
It picks up AC where there isn't AC and is clunky at trying to find the centre point of a joist. Do not buy this.
Not worth the cardboard it’s packaged in.
PaddyMcC - 2 years ago
Spent twenty minutes trying to figure this useless lump of plastic out. Thought I had finally worked out how to use it. Nope. Drilled straight through a mains electrical cable and now I have no lights in my kitchen.
Do not waste your money on this. I’m now having to fork out 70 quid for an electrician.
This is the first time I have ever given anything a 1 Star review.
Good features on paper
Rednine - 2 years ago
I should have read all the reviews before purchase!! I bought it yesterday - returned it today!! Totally useless as were the instructions and all the you-tube videos. So disappointing.
A useful tool
tjandsb - 3 years ago
Not easy to get the best out of, but finds studs reliably with a bit of practice. When it says "Read all the instructions", it means it! I have not used it for electric cables, but suspect it is harder to get good results.
Pipinmark - 3 years ago
Does the job as described. A very useful piece of equipment for the toolbox