See more Test Equipment & Detectors
Stanley Cordless Stud sensor
This cordless stud sensor is specially designed for detection of wood and metal studs as well as live wiring.
Features and benefits
- Wood or Metal Studs Up to 3/4” (19 mm) AK23through drywall Live AC Wires (120 volts AC) Up to 2” (50 mm) through drywal
- LCD screen clearly displays all of the sensor's readings. LED light.
- Operating Temperature (-0°C to +49°C) Surface Temperature (-20°C to +66°C)
- Measuring accuracy: Wood ±1/8” (3 mm) / Metal ±1/4” (6 mm).
- OnePass centre-find technology locates stud centres. Marking channel improves accuracy of marking-out readings
|Indicator||Audio and visual|
|Minimum temperature range||0 °C|
|Maximum temperature range||49°C|
seba22 - 2 years ago
It picks up AC where there isn't AC and is clunky at trying to find the centre point of a joist. Do not buy this.
Not worth the cardboard it’s packaged in.
PaddyMcC - 2 years ago
Spent twenty minutes trying to figure this useless lump of plastic out. Thought I had finally worked out how to use it. Nope. Drilled straight through a mains electrical cable and now I have no lights in my kitchen.
Do not waste your money on this. I’m now having to fork out 70 quid for an electrician.
This is the first time I have ever given anything a 1 Star review.
Good features on paper
Rednine - 2 years ago
I should have read all the reviews before purchase!! I bought it yesterday - returned it today!! Totally useless as were the instructions and all the you-tube videos. So disappointing.
A useful tool
tjandsb - 3 years ago
Not easy to get the best out of, but finds studs reliably with a bit of practice. When it says "Read all the instructions", it means it! I have not used it for electric cables, but suspect it is harder to get good results.
Pipinmark - 3 years ago
Does the job as described. A very useful piece of equipment for the toolbox