See more Paint
Valspar Premium Direct to Metal Matt Basecoat, Base A, 750ml
Sold & shipped by B&Q
Sorry, the colour you chose is not available in this base. Please select a different colour or finish.
A premium paint that provides a tough and durable finish to bare or rusted metal including, cast iron, galvanized steel, aluminium, and stainless steel.
- Stain resistant
- Surface Preparation - Do not apply in damp or humid conditions. Apply when the temperature of the surface being painted is above 10 °C. Can be used on bare, rusty or previously painted metal, including cast iron, galvanised steel, aluminium and stainless steel. Remove any loose rust or paint with a wire brush or 120grit sandpaper before painting. For previously painted surfaces in good condition, lightly sand with 240grit sandpaper and then wipe down with a damp cloth. You can apply our paint directly to the surface without the need of a primer.
- Instructions for Use - Stir contents thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Purchase enough paint to complete the job. When purchasing more than 1 container of the same colour, intermix them to ensure colour uniformity. Apply 1–2 coats using a suitable brush, roller or sprayer. When using a sprayer, refer to the sprayer user guide for full instructions before use. Apply liberally, working from dry areas into the paint’s wet edge and finish with gentle, vertical strokes. Avoid excessive rolling or brushing. Extra coats may be required when making dramatic colour changes. Do not thin this product. Dries to the touch in 30 minutes under normal conditions. Allow 2-4 hours between coats. This product can be used on bare, rusty or previously painted metal, galvanised steel, aluminium and stainless steel.
- Guarantee - Statutory
Features and benefits
Valspar® Premium Direct to Metal delivers exceptional coverage, fast and easy application and includes 10 year protection. It’s high quality, water-based formula is showerproof in 30 minutes and suitable for almost any bare or rusted metal. Valspar® Premium Direct to Metal gives your metal surfaces long term protection with no primer required. Also, it has an integrated anti-rust formula and can be applied directly to rust.
- Showerproof in 30 minutes
- No Primer Required
- We want you to be satisfied with your colour selection. Not all monitors will display colours the same and paint tins may not show the same colour as your walls do in natural light. We therefore recommend you order a tester pot online or pop in store to pick one up, so you are sure that this is the right colour for you.
- This product has a Valspar Love Your Colour Guarantee
- We’re unable to offer refunds or to exchange products that have been mixed to your individual requirements. If the product you purchase is faulty, or not as described, we may offer an exchange, refund or repair as appropriate. This does not affect your legal rights.
|Application method||Brush, roller or spray|
|Drying time||30 min|
|Instructions for storage||Protect from frost|
|Maximum application temperature||25°C|
|Minimum application temperature||10°C|
|Minimum touch dry time||0.5h|
|Number of coats||2|
|Recoat time||4 hours|