See more Multi-Purpose Compost
Westland Multi-purpose Compost 50L
Our stores do not stock this product
This is suitable .
- Perfect for use all around the garden.
- 45% peat
- To make beds and border dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost. Place plant in hole and back fill with compost. Firm compost around plant and water well. Water plant well and allow to drain before potting. Allow enough space to accommodate roots. Remove from pot and plant in container, firming the compost gently around the roots. Once fully planted water well. Choose container with adequate drainage holes. Place layer of grit in container and fill with compost. For hanging baskets, line basket with moss or liner and fill with compost. Plant with trailing plants around the edge and upright plants in the middle. Water well,. One bag fills approximately 70x 10cm pots, 4x 25.5cm pots
Features and benefits
Ideal for use all around the garden this premium compost contains nutrients to feed your plant for up to 5 weeks. The added John Innes formula retains and releases nutrients and water for longer, providing your plants with all they need. It contains our unique ingredient West+ producing our best ever formula.
- Perfect for all life stages of plants
- Now suitable for seed sowing
- Stronger plant development
Worst compost I ever used
Just Say No - 1 month ago
I brought this product as it was the only one available at my local store during the covid gardening madness. Now that I've had a chance of using it, I'm not surprised. It's so fibrous that it's more like vintage furniture stuffing than compost, and contains actual rubbish - bits of string, burnt sticks, you name it. Not only it doesn't hold moisture, but it actively prevents moisture from percolating, so that water is overflowing over the top of the pot while the compost a mere centimetre below is bone-dry - and no, I didn't compact it too much. Maybe the issue was caused by poor storage in store, and the product was allowed to dry to the point that it cannot be "revived". All I know is that I had hundreds of seedlings I'd spent weeks growing on from seed, I potted them on in this rubbish, and they are all dead now. I would have been better off digging a hole in the garden and using soil instead.
All round good product
Ruthb - 3 months ago
Happy with this purchase. Good value. Would buy again.
Buddy my dog - 3 months ago
Ihad before it is very good would not have any other
I find this product extremely good
Hanshi - 1 year ago
I use this product regularly with good results would not use anything else.