How does buy now, pay later work?
Buy now pay later is a flexible credit option that allows you to take a ‘payment holiday’, with no payment required for up to 12 months following the date of the agreement. After 12 months, you can either pay the balance in full or can begin making monthly payments.
If you do not pay the full balance following the initial 12 month payment free period then the accrued interest will be charged.
Are there any arrangement fees or hidden costs when applying for credit?
No, there are no hidden costs or arrangement fees.
When will I have to start paying for my purchases?
Monthly instalments will start 12 months after date of agreement
Can I cancel if I change my mind?
Yes, you will have the right to withdraw from the agreement without giving any reason, for a period of 14 days. The 14-day period will begin on the day after the agreement is signed.
Will you check my credit file?
Yes. In order to process your application, credit and identity checks will be performed on you with one or more credit reference agencies.
How can I make a complaint about my credit agreement with B&Q or the goods I have purchased with it?
We try our best to ensure that our customers are happy with the goods they receive from us, however, mistakes can happen and we want to make sure that we do everything we can to correct these. If you have a complaint, a problem or any concerns, please let us know.
B&Q Limited acts as a credit broker, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 712268), and introduces credit provided by Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
If your complaint is about your Finance Agreement, contact Hitachi Personal Finance;
- By phone on 0113 380 1065 (Lines open 8.45am-5.15pm Monday-Thursday, 8.45am-4.45pm Friday)
- By email to CustomerExperienceTeam.HitachiPersonalFinance@hitachicapital.co.uk
- In writing to; Customer Experience Team, Hitachi Personal Finance, 2 Apex View, Leeds, LS11 9BH.
If your complaint is about a product purchased from B&Q, contact B&Q Customer Services;
- By phone on 0333 014 3098 (Lines open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Saturday, 10am-4pm Sunday)
- In writing to; B&Q Customer Services, North Avenue, Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire, G81 2NT
If your complaint is about B&Q's involvement with the Finance Agreement, contact B&Q Finance Customer Services;
- By phone on 01302 764288 (Lines open 8am-6pm Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Saturday)
- By email to email@example.com
- In writing to; Finance Customer Service Team, 1st Floor, B&Q Doncaster, Catesby Park, Doncaster, DN4 8DE
More information about our complaints policy can be found on our complaints handling page