Timber cutting service
Come in-store and make use of our timber cutting service. We can cut timber bought from B&Q to the size you need, any day of the week. No appointment needed.
Why use our timber cutting service?
- First 5 cuts free, then 50p per cut thereafter
- No need to book in advance, just show up when you need us
- Save time, money and effort
- Avoid making mess in your work space
- An accurate and precise cut every time
- Wood cutting service every day of the week
Come in-store when you're ready
You don’t need to book in advance - just turn up when you need us. We can cut a variety of sheet timber, furniture board and worktops. Once you've decided what you need, simply take your timber to the Timber Saw location and discuss your cutting requirements with our trained colleagues. We suggest you check your local store details as services do sometimes vary from branch to branch.
Check with your nearest B&Q store for more information. One of our colleagues will be able to assist you.
Our saws operational capabilities and limitations
Our vertical panel saws are designed to cut wood-based panels only. The saw cannot cut doors, fence panels and lattices, plasterboard and mineral based boards, strip timber and thick structural timber.
We can cut panels that have the following minimum and maximum dimensions:
- Minimum panel length – 500mm
- Minimum panel height – 230mm
- Maximum panel length – 3300mm
- Maximum panel height – 2160mm
- Maximum panel thickness – 80mm
Cross cut saws
We use cross cut saws in the following stores: Banbury, Bedford, Bedford (TradePoint), Bognor Regis, Burgess Hill, Milton Keynes, Poole and Sydenham. All of our other stores with a timber cutting service use vertical panel saws. Check with your nearest B&Q store for more information.
This saw is supplied to allow the cutting of strip wood and structural timbers. Only non-panel products that conform to the following can be cut using this saw:
- Maximum material thickness: 125mm
- Maximum material width: 150mm
- Maximum material length: 3000mm
The cross cut saw can only make square cuts. Other agencies, mitres, grooves or points cannot be cut.