See more Decking boards
Don Natural Pine Deck board (L)2.4m (W)95mm (T)20mm
Sold & shipped by B&Q
Classic softwood decking, Ideal for use in gardens, balconies or terraces.
- Fittings & fixings sold separately
- Fixing type: To screw
- Guarantee - 3 years
- Because of the own-colour of the impregnated wood it is recommended to firstly paint less visible elements in order to check the colour, especially while using covering layers or water-based glazers. Although the pressure treatment impregnation, surface mould can appear on the wood, especially in dark and moist, non-vented places. Additional conducive conditions for mould is high temperature and humidity. Unfavourable appearance can be removed by cleaning (by vinegar, alcohol or chemicals with chlorine) or by wiping off. It is recommended to cover these spots with any form of impregnation right after. This kind of flaw does not damage the wood nor influence its durability. It is highly not recommended to cover the wood used outside with any chemicals that create membrane layer that is resistant to humid and air. As a natural product the wood has typical for that type structure and physical characteristics responsive to changeable weather conditions that can cause the change of dimensions, cracks as well as the change of natural or impregnated colour. For that reason it is necessary to control the aesthetics of the colour and the quality of joints. The best method to dispose of the resin’s leaks, which are natural for coniferous wood, is to use petrol, turpentine or trichloroethylene dissolvent
- Before installation the foundation must be levelled and hardened, create a decline of (1cm/2cm) and install with the grooved layer alongside to allow an easy out-flow of water. It is recommended to put a 15cm gravel layer, then a 5cm sand layer and cover it up with an anti-weed non-woven fabric. Use concrete blocks as the foundation. For the structural arrangement of the joists, the gap between them should not be bigger that 250mm (for 20x95mm) and 400mm (for 24x120mm). Allow a 10mm distance from the building to allow for expansion. The length of the screw should be twice the thickness of the board, stainless steel, and a min diameter of 4.5mm. Each board is screwed-in with the joists (in a line) the same distance from the board’s edges, for (20x95) 2 screws, (24x120) use 3 screws. To avoid cracks, 20mm from any edge and a drill a pilot hole. The space between the boards should be kept from 5 to 6mm both between side and top boards, especially if there are at least two boards in one line. Ensure that the cut boards and joists or drilled holes are protected by a wood preservative to extend the longevity.
Features and benefits
- This decking should be laid onto treated deck joists on joist centres of no more than 400mm. If laying diagonally the maximum joist centres should be 300mm. It is important to seal the ends of trimmed boards before laying in order to protect fully
- Made with slow grown wood for stability and precision finished
- Install with screws
- Lay wooden joist supports