See more Multi-purpose compost
GoodHome Multi-purpose Compost 20L
This GoodHome multi-purpose compost is perfect for beds and borders, pots and hanging baskets. It locks in essential nutrients and moisture to help your crops flourish, use with our multi-purpose plant food for tastier fruit and vegetables and bigger blooms
- For growing plants in hanging baskets, pots and window boxes. Rooting cuttings and sowing seeds in seed trays and pots. Potting on seedlings and rooted cuttings
- 100% coir, green compost & composted bark
- To re-pot a plant, water well 1-2 hours before re-potting. Add a layer of compost to a slightly larger pot. Gently remove plant from pot. Pop plant into the larger pot and top up with compost. Lightly firm the compost with your fingertips and water.
Features and benefits
- This compost feeds for up to 8 weeks after planting
- This compost can be used in pots & planters
- This compost helps to reduce garden maintenance by retaining moisture in your soil
|Litre capacity (L)||20L|
TimC64 - 8 days ago
Much more environmentally responsible and an excellent product
Issue with fungus gnats
Kariplants - 10 days ago
I've bought this soil many times for my house plants and for outdoor use.
I've had a lot of issue with horrendous swarms of fungus gnats in my houseplants, (I have hundreds of houseplants, literally) which I've really struggled to manage and understand how its happening. I recently bought a quality houseplant soil and noticed that it was only the plants with the b&q soil that had the gnats issue. I've been working through all my plants repotting them with the other soil, a huge job but it's definitely resolving my gnat issue. It's only when I came on the site to look at getting compost that I noticed others have had a similar issue with this soil.
It's fine for outdoor use and I'd still buy it for my planters but I definitely wouldn't risk it for my houseplants again.
Full of fungal gnats
TheGirlgardener - 18 days ago
First couple of bags were ok however as time has gone on this compost is riddled with fungal gnats. I potted up a bunch of plants at home and the house was full of them it was disgusting. I used this compost as I wanted a peat free option but really due to the gnats you could only use this outside. If you can sort the problem out it's great, otherwise gross
motomouth3 - 1 month ago
Works as it should, Good soil, helped my plants a lot
Worst soil ever used
Pottingsoil - 6 months ago
I repotted several house plants and several outside plants. Cue a swarm of fungus gnats emerging from the soil, the loss of multiple plants and endless irritating pests. Thanks B&Q.