Hurry! It's your last chance to get 10% off everything online* | Ends midnight tonight
See more Floor paint & treatments
Leyland Trade Heavy duty Slate Satin Floor & tile paint, 2.5L
A washable, slate floor & tile paint in a satin finish. Covers 11m² per litre and dries in 12 hours.
- Suitable for Tiles
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry & free from dirt.
Features and benefits
- Provides a protective satin finish
- Tough and durable
- Based on polyurethane alkyd resins to withstand spillage and repeated cleaning
- Resistant to mild chemicals, water, oil and grease
- Ideal for use on concrete, steel and wooden floors in light to medium traffic areas
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Application method||Brush or roller|
|Drying time||12 h|
|Recoat time||6 hours|
|Minimum touch dry time||1h|
|VOC level||Very high|
P1990 - 1 month ago
Worked well on a newly screeded concrete floor and left a strong finish after two coats.
Slate is exact shade as Frw and Ball Downpipe Grey
Anonymous - 4 months ago
This is excellent, sturdy paint. It's very thick and takes some effort with the application. It could probably be thinned a little to make the application easier. I discovered, as a happy coincidence, that it is an exact match with Farrow and Ball Downpipe. I have skirting boards in F and B and you would think the same paint is on the floor, when it is Leyland. F and B is not just notoriously expensive, the eggshell for floors is not as hard wearing. The only downside with this paint is the very long drying time, which is a pain when dealing with floors. To move about your house, you will have to do one side of the stairs or room, and let it cure a couple of days before doing the other side. So, some logistical planning is needed. But it's worth it.
Does Exactly as it says on the Can
gozza999 - 5 months ago
Bought this Paint to paint my very dusty and porous garage floor.
First coat thinned down and applied perfectly.
Second coat made the garage floor look amazing.
Absolutely made up with the transformation.
Definitely using again and highly recommended with great value for money
Perfect for stairs
Looopy - 10 months ago
Brought this product about 3 weeks ago. Only used a quarter of the tin and my stairs were painted! Absolutely brilliant value for money!
Works for me!!
Rodgerredhat - 1 year ago
Unsure why this gets a bad review. I painted my garage floor three years ago and each year gave it a new coat. It’s as I’d expect, 99.9% perfect. Sure, you get dinks in it from dropped tools/bikes etc that can expose the concrete beneath, but that’s to be expected. Normal wear and tear from five bicycles, three motorcycles and heavy use of a dryer and accessed pretty much every day our floor still looks great.
My top tips...
1. Get yourself some quick drying spray paint to spray over any damage for the time after you’re using the floor over the next twelve months - I use a luminous spray paint that serves both to seal any dinks and give me a reminder of when/where to repair - one look at my garage and you can see the high use/drop sites.
2. Treat your concrete floor with a 50/50 PVA/water mix before painting - helps adhesion. Worked for me.
3. Give it three or four coats to begin with, I did.
4. Give it a new coat yearly regardless of condition, over the years it will build up to a nice thick layer.
5. Give it plenty of time to dry - 24hrs before touching, 48hrs before walking, 1 week before heavy traffic/bikes are allowed.
6. Paint using a brush around the edges, paint using a roller for the big bits. Add it on liberally but not runny-thick. Make sure you get the correct roller brush type for the condition of your concrete.
7. Remove as much lose concrete/old paint first, but I didn’t go mad - I certainly didn’t sand down my floor, just used a spade to remove any lose paint from the previous owner. And then vacuumed to remove as much dust as possible.