We remain open and here to help. Customer and colleague safety remains our priority. Whether shopping in store or online, we urge you to follow the Government's social distancing guidelines and to shop responsibly only for what is necessary.
See more Garden shredders
Mac Allister MIS2500 Corded 2500W Impact Shredder
- Wrench, hex key, plunger & instruction manual
Features and benefits
- This electric shredder has integrated wheels to ensure easy manoeuvrability around the garden
- Equipped with a thermal cut-out protector which ensures protection to the user by cutting off the electric supply before it gets highly heated
- Enhanced with an induction motor that provides a longer service life and operates silently unlike a standard universal motor. No load speed - 2850/min
- Plunger helps to push material through, keeping your fingers away from the cutting blades. Shredding rate: 40:1. Material throughput: 80kh/h
- Manufacturing standards: EN 60335-1:2012+A11, EN 50434:2014, EN 62233:2008, EN 55014-1:2006+A1+A2, EN 61000-3-2:2014, EN 61000-3-11:2000
|Manufacturer guarantee||2 years|
|Overload protection||Overload protection|
|Power voltage supply||220-240V|
|Sound pressure level||101dB(A)|
|Standard||EN 60335-1:2012+A11, EN 50434:2014, EN 62233:2008, EN 55014-1:2006+A1+A2, EN 61000-3-2:2014, EN 61000-3-11:2000|
works really well
pammie83 - 4 months ago
I bought this shredder yesterday and immediately followed other people`s advise and removed the fins at the bottom of the chute. I have been using it all day today and it has chewed up everything I`ve thrown at it. Not having used one before I was a bit alarmed at how quickly it swallows down the thicker branches, but I now have lots of wood chips and leaves to make compost with. For the price it has so far exceeded my expectations.
Not fit for purpose
njdl - 4 months ago
Discharge shoot is lined with teeth that successfully prevent discharge. Blocks the entire body withiin 5 minutes. Hopeless
davmat - 4 months ago
Absolute rubbish .Constantly clogs with even the smallest branches , Totally useless
This shredder does what says.
T Gabs - 4 months ago
I bought this product about 2 months ago. I have found it very effective at shredding anything from fresh cut branches up to 40mm to dead wood of a slightly less size. The blades are very strong and require little attention. A common feature though was its prone to clogging up. I found that this was manly due to the vains on the front cover just inside the discharge vent that tended to prevent some material being ejected. I overcame this by modifying the exit vent by cutting a section of the front cover off that included the vains. With a hacksaw I cut the bottom inch and a half across the front cover only leaving the side pieces. Problem solved.
Only just Good enough
Aj2456 - 4 months ago
Good enough for narrow fresh cut softwood eg conifer. Also as others mention needs the pointless exit chute safety fins trimmed off or clogs constantly, a pruning saw is excellent for
this and takes less than a minute.
I suspect big branches or lots of small prunings would be hopeless, some small prunings when sent though with a branch is fine though.