See more Decking paint & treatments
Ronseal Ultimate protection Matt charcoal Decking paint, 5L
- Guarantee - Statutory
- Colour and protect decking
- Heavy duty
- Protect from frost
- Give the paint a good stir, it’s best to use something wide like an old wooden spoon. Check you’re happy with the colour. Find a hidden part of the deck and try it. Get lots of paint on your brush. Start in the furthest corner, brushing along the length of the boards. Work on 3-4 boards at a time so you don’t get any overlap marks. If your deck has got small cracks, brush in extra paint until they’re filled. You’ll need to put on 2 coats. Leave 4 hours between each coat. After 48 hours you’ll be able to get your furniture out and use the deck. If you get any paint on yourself, wash it off with warm soapy water.
Features and benefits
Ronseal Ultimate Protection Decking Paint transforms all types and ages of decking, filling in small cracks and covering grey wood.
- Fills cracks and locks down splinters
- A great finish with long-lasting all weather protection
- Smooths rough surfaces and rescues tired decks
- Available in a range of colours
|Drying time||48 h|
|Minimum touch dry time||90min|
|Quick dry||Quick dry|
|Recoat time||4 hours|
|Resistant to slipping||Not slip resistant|
JoCu - 28 days ago
Painted decking with this last year according to instructions and looked great but now it's peeling away leaving bare patches all over. Will have to re-sand and paint again now.
Very Disappointing !!!
Specky57 - 2 months ago
We bought this and applied last year, but it's peeling away already and looks awful. Will have to sand decking and do it all again !!!
Great Coverage and Colour
Dazzz123 - 2 months ago
I purchased this to complete my garden set up for this year. Following a good stir, applies great with the Ronseal decking applicator and looks great after 2 coats. Looking forward to enjoying my garden this year. Nice that is available in a 5L size.
Noonah82 - 2 months ago
Looks great when you put it on but literally lasts 12 months before it peels off and looks a complete mess! Like the other reviews we've had the same problem. Paid extra for this brand because it was supposed to be durable, would never use again!
Roy26 - 3 months ago
Totally agree with the comment from Caz19. I painted by deck in summer of 2020 and within 12 months, the paint has come off. How I need to re-paint the deck and looking for an alternative. This was a complete waste of money and effort. I spent 1 day prior to painting just on preparing the deck.